Retro Summer Blog Party!


   Are you ready to do some vintage-inspired outfit styling? It's time for The Retro Summer Blog Party!* Let's get started.
*  I published the party post momentarily to test the linkup and then reverted it to a draft before publishing my 4th of July post. This means that it showed up on my blog as older than the 4th post. Thus, I'm re-posting to make sure everyone can see it.


  All you need to do is come up with a retro-inspired outfit and a) do a blog post on it and link up to this post or b) email me a photo of your outfit. Today's post includes the link-up at the bottom of the page, which can be used all week. My plan, if the Lord allows, is to post my own outfit in the middle of the week and on Saturday, post the outfits that were emailed to me.

   HERE is a pinboard to get your fashion gears turning. If you would like more inspiration, peruse my Historical Fashion How-To series and/or take a stab at your own research. You can go all out with a specific decade (e.g. 1960's) or go for a general retro look, depending on your resources. Remember to have fun!


Now here are the rules for all participants...

1. Please include the blog button on the top of this page (right click to save image or copy url and upload to your post). Let me know if it isn't working. 

2.  Don’t stress if it’s not perfect.  Chances are your look is super cute!

3. Modesty GuidelinesDo not reveal cleavage , thighs, or undergarments. Garments should not be strapless or have low backs, spaghetti straps or cutouts . Do not wear anything very tight  - no wiggle dresses allowed! Graphics may not include profanity or inappropriate images. Do not  include profanity, inappropriate language, or images in link-up posts. I will delete any blog link-up or refuse to use any emailed outfit that I feel is inappropriate. Let's keep this pure.

4.   Only one outfit per person please.  

5. Bear in mind that this is a summer theme! If it is winter where you live, feel free to be creative and come up with a "summer-in-the-winter" look that still keeps you warm.

6.   Don’t hesitate to comment or email (styleinspiration13@gmail.com) any questions!

Extra info for non-bloggers...

1. Email me your outfit at styleinspiration13@gmail.com .

2. Feel free to blur or crop out your face for privacy if you prefer. 

3. Please email me your outfits no later than Friday evening so that I may post them on Saturday.

Disclaimer: I will not use the photos you send me for anything other than the blog party. I will not give out your personal information. I will reveal your first name unless you ask me not to share your name. If you are under 18 years of age, please ask your parents for permission to share your photos. 



Happy styling everyone!

She girds herself with strength,
And strengthens her arms.

Proverbs 31:17


Comments

  1. I am definitely planning on joining this party! I've just got to figure out what I'm going to wear! Haha same problem if you're physically attending a party or just joining a fashion party on the Internet! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! :D Haha, right?! I look forward to seeing what you wear.

      Delete
  2. I've enjoyed browsing through the posts linked-up here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink