Outfit // Misc. || Cozy Sunday & Books


   Hi everyone! Long time no see, eh? I've been going through another one of those seasons where I find myself with no energy or material for blogging at the close of each day. Happily, Mom and I were finally able to get a photo shoot in over the weekend. I have quite a few new consignment items and am happy to be able to share them with you when I have the chance!




   Today's outfit features two new items that I'm delighted to have in my wardrobe. One is a cozy and chic high-low sweater that Mom spotted for me. It isn't something I would normally pick out, but having another person shopping with me helps me branch out of my comfort zone. On Sunday, I paired the sweater with flared khakis for a classic but comfortable look. A sweet bird necklace gave this ensemble the sparkle it needed, while heeled oxfords made the look more dressy and church-ready.


  The second new item is this darling jacket by Tulle. Thanks to a pricing oversight at the consignment store I bought it in like-new condition for less than $10.00! Structured outerwear is one of my favorite fashion statements, and since two of my coats have fallen apart I have been glad to acquire two new ones!


    I was trying to think of something besides fashion to share on this post and realized that it must be time for some more book recommendations! If you're like me, you enjoy reading but have trouble finding books that are both interesting and worthy of one's time. When blogging friends share recommendations I am happy to add some to my to-read list. Here are is a selection of what I've enjoyed over the past few years. Find me on Goodreads here for more.

Wives and Daughters - If you enjoyed the movie, you will enjoy this sweet period piece, but be forewarned that Elizabeth Gaskell passed away before finishing the novel!

The Inn of the Sixth Happiness - This is the life story of missionary Gladys Aylward. The downside is that I feel her faith in the Lord wasn't portrayed as well as I would have liked to have seen it.

Cranford - This is another Elizabeth Gaskell work, a fun story of a 19th century town populated mostly by women.

The Iceberg Hermit - I'm guessing this book is obscure, because I never hear about it outside of my own home. It's a fairly short adventure/survival story.

Gilead - Much like my mom recommending the sweater, my dad gave me this book to read - it isn't something I would normally pick out! However, it is a unique read on the beauty and regret of life seen through a dying man's eyes. Because of content in a character's backstory (non-graphic), I would give this book to mature teens and up.

Have you read any good books lately? Please share recommendations in the comments! :)


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;
Fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 1:7 


Comments

  1. What an adorable outfit! I especially love the shoes. :)
    I've never read Wives and Daughters before, but I've been meaning to. It sounds really good!
    Great post!

    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, so glad to hear you and your Mom were able to go shopping:) your sweater looks so comfortable. I like the deep purple color. The buttons on the Tulle jacket really set it off. You finished your casual look with your oxford boots all looks so good together. I'm going to have check out your books. Take care;) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comments! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend my friend. :D

      Delete
  3. That is a really nice jacket. I'm practically living in my black wool double breasted jacket these days...

    The Inn of the Sixth Happiness was a favorite movie of my sister and I when we were younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so glad that I found it! Oh, it must be cold!
      Oh, neat! :D I haven't seen it all the way through in several years - it might be time again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink