Misc || A Hair-Raising Tale


   Long time no see, eh readers? I have not forgotten you! Life is in full swing, and I confess that putting together blog posts isn't something I've put a lot of effort into lately. However, excuses are distasteful, so rather than making any more I shall just say that this evening I am content to be sharing a recent style adventure with you.

  A few months ago I started the process of getting my hair cut and colored, which means thinking about it for a number of weeks and finding plenty of ideas on Pinterest. ;) As you saw in my last outfit post, the cut happened, and I am quite happy with the new style. Meanwhile, the color got postponed until the first day of December. Having never dyed my locks before, this was a big step for me, a rather conservative stick-the-the-mud.

  That rainy Saturday afternoon, I bravely walked through the salon doors with my mother in tow to offer company and moral support (and a coffee run). A few hours and two attempts later (the first try failed for reasons unknown to my stylist, who surmised that my hair is stubborn, which I should have known...) I emerged with a subtle red gleam, thanks to a balayage color. The step had been taken! And I didn't look half bad! *cue victory music*

This was my best hair day since the color.
Ready for the work Christmas party!

  Now, the real adventure began at home with my attempts at dyed hair care. All of us girls know that you aren't supposed to wash your hair every day, right? but does that stop me? Ehehehe...no. The past week and a half I've been trying to use less shampoo and also less product so that my hair doesn't feel too gross from the non-daily shampoo. This has been an adjustment, but I must say that I'm delighted with my new color, so I work with it. ;)

Alright enough of story time, dear readers. I would like to hear about you. 
Drop a comment below so we can catch up a bit. :)

Have you ever had your hair colored?
Are you enjoying the Christmas season?

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.
Ephesians 5:1-2
 

Comments

  1. So very nice to see your new color, it looks amazing! I really like it. It flows naturally. Looks soft and easily manageable. I like your hair cut style. You look good;) I have color and high lights added to my thin hair. It helps give mine some fullness and manageability. So nice to see your smile again:) Hope you enjoy your weekend. Your friend, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie! :) That sounds like a lovely idea. Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. You look awesome with that hair color! The last time I dyed my hair was an ombre-style balayage; it takes sooo long lol. I think the most fun thing about a dye is that suddenly all my clothes and makeup look different and fresh next to my new hair color... But maybe that's just me. :P

    I feel your non-daily hair washing struggle! I find using some dry shampoo at my roots the day after a shampoo lets me stretch out the time between washes a liiiiitle bit more. Plus, your hair will get used to not being washed as often and will soon stop feeling gross as quickly. :) It's definitely a process, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Lauren! Yeah, it's fun to change it up!
      Thanks for the tip! Ah, the struggles of greasy hair. :D

      Delete
  3. You're hair looks devilish with dark red hues mixed with black. Hope it's ok to say a negative comment. Very unnatural. Did God not do a good enough job? I don't think short hair honors a lady of God. If women today didn't cut their hair and wear pants like men, there wouldn't be such gender confusion like it is today. Not that you can't, but if you didn't you'd have more honor from God and less from the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your opinion, but I assure you that the way I dress and style my hair has not negatively affected my walk with God. The Bible does not tell us not to dye our hair or not to wear pants, but to look like women, and I'm convinced that I still look like a woman. Stephanie's comment below is also really encouraging. I hope that you find the freedom in Christ that comes from a Spirit-led walk with the Lord.

      Delete
  4. Good morning, dear Paige! Your hair looks ever so lovely! I don't usually "stick my nose" where is doesn't belong, but I just read the above comment by "Anonymous." Paige, your hair does not look devilish nore does it look unnatural. My honest opinion is that you look beautiful and feminine. Pants, hair, makeup, etc do not define people...it's what is on the inside that makes a person who they are. When we love our precious Lord and King that love starts in our heart and it grows throughout our whole being which then shows on our outward appearance. When we love and honor God than yes, it reflects on how we dress, act, and speak. Some of the most godly women I know where pants, makeup, and they color their hair yet their relationship with the Lord is humbling and incredibly genuine. Paige, I color my hair, but it has never effected my relationship with the Lord. I have never thought to myself that the color God gave me was not "good enough." I wear pants that are feminine and lady-like. I don't go around thinking I am a man because there are slacks on my legs. We each have our OWN conscience and it's not a person that directs that conscience, it's the Lord! I am sorry, I did not intend to even make mention of the above comment, but sometimes we, as people, focus too much on the "things" like hair, clothing, etc, rather than the person's sweet spirit and how he/she is honoring God. Not that I need to say this again, but Paige, you look lovely and your love for the Lord shines brightly through your pictures and on this blog. Happy weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweet friend! :)
      Yes, I totally agree with everything you said! Thanks for the encouragement.
      Have a good weekend too!

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed reading your perspective Stephanie so thank you for sharing! Reminds me of 1 Samuel 16:7: 'But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have [a]refused him. For[b] the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'

      Delete
  5. Definitely a good color on you! Of course I'm a huge fan of any red since I dyed my hair red a few years ago... ;) and I still wash my hair every day because I can't stand greasy hair! But eventually I found products that put red in your hair while you wash them, so that might be something to try.
    Also, so far I'm loving the Christmas season... I just need some snow soon... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Andra! Oh, that is cool. :D
      Yeah, hope you get it! :) Around here, we can dream of a white Christmas but we get a wet Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Hiya, Paige!!! :D
    Sorry I haven't been up here lately!!! But WOW I love your hair!!! I love the bob-style cut and the hair coloring!! You rock it!!! <3
    (Also, sorry about the trolls in the comments :( I love your hair!! It looks great! :D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I've hardly been around myself. Thanks so much. :) <3

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink