Outfit & Thoughts || Sneakers, Lace and Psalms


   Happy July, my sweet friends! I hope that you are having a lovely summer thus far. The days of outdoor adventures and backyard barbecues have wrapped my season in a social whirl. Today, I would like to share with you a coastal summer outfit (meaning it's meant for not-actually-hot weather  ;) ) and along with a few thoughts on Psalm 43.





  Why yes, I am wearing my new sneakers again! ;) When I styled this outfit, I decided to go for a look that combined both dressy and casual elements. While the feminine lace dress is at home with heels, the Converse and chambray top made it semi-casual work attire. I'm happy with the overall look that I pulled together.

Psalm 43: 
Vindicate me, O God, and plead my case against an ungodly nation;
O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!
For You are the God of my strength; why have You rejected me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me;
Let them bring me to Your holy hill
And to Your dwelling places.
Then I will go to the altar of God,
To God my exceeding joy;
And upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.

Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why are you disturbed within me? 
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

   As with many Psalms, this one begins with the psalmist in turmoil and ends with him expressing hope in God. The writer begins with an earnest plea to the Lord for deliverance. He questions the trials he is experiencing and even believes that God has rejected him.

  Next, he asks for God to lead him. How beautiful the idea is of being led by the Lord's light and truth! This reminds me of Psalm 119:105, which says "Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path."

   The psalmist speaks of future praise to God, his exceeding joy. The Strong's definition for the word translated "exceeding joy" says it means "blithesomeness or glee, (religious or festival):—× exceeding(-ly), gladness, joy(-fulness), mirth, pleasure, rejoice(-ing)." This is clearly a strong emotion!

   Finally, the author of Psalm 43 reminds his own soul of He whom his hope rests in. He will again praise the Lord. This reminds us that when we are in our own troubled times we are to hope in God, our help and deliverer. He is always faithful to His children!

Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart. 
 Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
Psalm 37:4-5

Comments

  1. What a lovely outfit. That lace dress is gorgeous. Thank You for the Psalm. God Bless.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn! ^_^ I'm glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous lace dress! I really like how you added your shirt and tied it at your waist. I do that to my shirts when I wear a skirt. It just adds a cute flair to your style. I also like your converse they look so relaxing and comfortable. The Bible verse is a comforting reminder of God's love and guidance. Thank you for sharing. Happy hot July. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie! Yes, it is a fun way to wear shirts! Thank you for your well wishes. I hope you have a happy July too!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful ensemble! You look so lovely. The scriptures are so encouraging, in fact just what I needed today! May God richly bless you and your family!
    Love , Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! I'm so glad that you were encouraged. Have a good rest of your weekend! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink