Sunday Best in "New to Me" / Back on Schedule?

   Those of you who follow me may have noticed a sad lack in my posting last week. Alas, I wrote only one post instead of two! How could I have fallen down on the job? Well, okay, it's not the worst thing in the world. ;) All the same, it is a situation that I hope to remedy.
   To start this week off on the right foot, I am sharing with you an outfit that I wore last Sunday. It was put together around the skirt, which is a recent second-hand find. The color, length and cut of this skirt is superb! On first seeing it, I felt doubtful of its worth. After trying it on, I knew it was for me. 
 


   The top I chose to wear is a favorite button up of mine. Its floral print includes blossoms in a similar shade of blue as the skirt. The color of the infinity scarf I wore was also a near match. For warmth, I added oatmeal tights that corresponded well with my blouse. To keep off the rain, I threw on my faithful beige blazer and shod myself in brown boots. It was an ideal outfit to wear to church and then out on the (wet) town with friends. (By the way, I'm not trying to completely hide my arms in the photos, though the interesting gapping open of my jacket seems to suggest so O.o.)

Blouse ~ Thrifted; Skirt ~ Consignment;  Scarf ~ Handmade; Blazer ~ Thrifted; Boots ~ bought new from Ross
   
.

   Mom wore a darling outfit last Sunday too! The plaid jacket she's wearing is from the same consignment store in which I found my blue skirt. Doesn't it look cute with her orange and brown outfit? We thought our blue and orange skirts looked well together, if a little bright. ;)


  It's rather windy here today, but last night's rain clouds are nowhere in sight as the sun shines brightly through the window. Yes, I believe that spring is on its way! It was the end of summer when I began blogging - over six months have already gone by! I guess time flies when you're having fun. :)

Do you think our blue and orange go well together? Are you wearing green on St. Patty's day (I am...gotta show off that Irish heritage ;) )? 

"All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast."
~ Proverbs 15:15



Comments

  1. Ooh! Paige, I love your outfit!!! I can see that your mother has passed her classiness down to you :) You both look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you McKenna! :) I'll be sure to tell Mum.

      Delete
  2. Cute stuff! :D love your mom's new jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yes, I hope to use it for a certain upcoming post. ;)

      Delete
  3. This is a very cute outfit, Paige! I love that jacket! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of the outfits! No, I did not wear green on St. Patrick's Day! I forgot...oops! :)
    I like orange and blue together maybe not in one outfit though...but you two look very nice together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! :) I'm glad you like the colors together. We made quite the pair, I'm sure! ;)

      Delete
  5. Also, I didn't wear green because I kind of forgot ;) and I don't wear those colors together....or separately, to be honest, since neither blue nor orange give me feels. haha. (yes I base fashion on feels)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink