Hello folks! I'm a day late in posting because that's just how life goes sometimes. :) However, there is a benefit to posting late; My mom reminded me that it had been a long time since I did an awk + awe post. So after a long hiatus, here is the return of Awkward + Awesome!
* Having a moldy, musty closet filled with moldy, musty things (don't worry, my clothes get moved around enough to escape it!). This is real coastal life, folks.
* Leaning against a kitchen island during fellowship at Bible study and hitting my knee on a shelf, forgetting that there wasn't just empty space underneath.
* Stubbing two or three toes really hard when running out of the bathroom to turn down the music and answer the phone.
* Dreaming an extremely odd story that included me vaulting my backyard fence while being chased by Benedict Cumberbatch (and no, I haven't seen him in Star Trek or The Hobbit).
* Spelling the word "awkward".
* Having a clothing company approach me about reviewing one of their products on my blog. Stay tuned; it's quite exciting!
* Looking at pictures of dogs wearing costumes. Something about hilariously dressed up pups delights me.
* Having a supply of encouraging Christian books to read!
* Eating my Mom's chocolate-banana-avocado pudding - I know it sounds odd, but it's delicious!
* The feeling of getting things accomplished!
After one or two top changes yesterday, I finally produced this purple and neutral colored outfit! It combines classy with casual and pops of color with neutral bases. Pairing a black skirt with a striped thermal hoodie/tee is not something that I would have normally thought of, but it ended up working out well. My crocheted purple scarf (made into an infinity scarf with a safety pin - classy, I know) and purple tights went well with the top's stripes. Meanwhile, black boots matched the black skirt. The finishing touch was a high bun, polishing off the casual but put-together look.
Copper getting in on the modeling action.
Do you have any great awkward or awesome moments to share?
Do you ever have days where you have to change a few times before getting the right outfit?
Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing.
1 Peter 3:8-9