Valentine's Outfit // Awkward + Awesome
Hello all! Welcome new followers! :) Life has been a whirlwind this week, thus my post is a day late. Following suit with my last "Wednesday instead of Tuesday" post, I will be sharing what has been awkward and awesome in my life lately. I hope that you enjoy these little bits of my week as well as a belated Valentine's Day outfit.
* Putting an anxious dog down on the ground (very low to the ground, mind you!`) and having him fall on his head.
* Having a night of little sleep, but the sleep being filled with dreams.
* Talking to a friend saying something is like something and having them think I said I like something....
*.... Then later FB chatting to a friend and saying I "like like"something and when I meant to say "look like" (the object of likeage being myself).
* Stubbing my toes at a Valentine's party, later having a toe feel strangely prickly, then going home and finding it scraped and punctured.
* Eating French toast, being gifted a new clock necklace, and getting a share of free makeup on my Mom's birthday!
* Studying a Christian book with sweet girlfriends.
* Having chocolate everywhere, in a myriad of forms, all over my house.
* Being the model for a Vogue-style photo shoot my best friend did.
* Receiving a package that I have been eagerly awaiting!
If you read last Tuesday's post, you know that I had a bit of an incident with my Valentine's Day outfit photos. However, they were able to be retrieved. Yay! Now you can see what I wore on that holiday. The base of my outfit was a deep purple floral print dress that I have had for several years. By layering a pink t-shirt over it, I made the dress look like a skirt. Over the tee I put a dark gray cardigan, which matched my gray polka dot tights. A light gray skinny belt and silver arrow necklace accessorized and tied the outfit together. Completing the outfit were my oft-worn brown boots.
Dress ~ Thriftd; T-shirt ~ Thrifted; Cardigan ~ Thrifted; Tights ~ Gift; Necklace ~ Gift;
Belt ~ Thrifted; Boots ~ Ross
Did you wear anything special for Valentine's Day?
Have you had any especially awkward or awesome moments this week?
To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in You;
Let me not be ashamed;
Let not my enemies triumph over me.
Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed;
Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.