Happy Tuesday folks! Today you get to have a combo post of an outfit and a blog award. I would like to thank the creative sisters Bethany and Becca of Clever Bunnies for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award*. By the way, I'm sorry for not being very good at commenting on others' blogs this week - I have been very busy, but hope to drop in on your blogs soon. :)
* I just wanted to mention that I am not endorsing The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movies, which the photo and name of this award is inspired by - in fact, I have never seen the films.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
1. If you were stranded on an island with a box, what would you want to be in that box? It depends on how big the box is. ;) My Bible, a journal, a few pencils and pens, a knife, matches, pajamas, a hairbrush, and soap would be in the box. Oh, and I would also take my camera so I could share photos after getting rescued.
2. Do you like to go camping, and if so, where do you prefer to sleep? (ie. tent, camper, cabin, under the stars.) I like camping, but there are also elements I don't like about it...I suppose I have mixed feelings about it. When I do, it's in a tent. :)
3. What's the craziest thing you've ever cooked/baked? I haven't made anything too avant-garde yet. Last week I made coconut milk "ice cream". Once I made a delicious upside-down molasses and caramelized apple cake - it needs to be made again!!!
4. What's the last movie you saw in theaters? I think it was Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier.
5. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you chose? Right now the answer is a hedgehog, but that's subject to change. :)
6. Favorite flavor to combine with chocolate? (ie. coffee, rspberry, coconut, carmel...) Mint!
7. If you were zapped back in time, where would you hope to end up and what one thing would you want with you? This is a tough one! How about in Philadelphia for the very first Independence Day?! I would take a fully charged camera to record the day.
8. Do you sing along to the radio? On occasion, I will sing along with the radio - it depends on my mood and those of others with me. :)
9. Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they? My Dad has called me Sug (as in "sugar") for as long as I can remember.
10. You are all alone in your house and you hear a strange noise, what do you do next? I start, and listen more closely. I cautiously go to investigate, grab my cell phone if it's near me, apprise my surroundings for anything that can be used as a weapon and pray for safety.
Something like this actually happened to me in real life when I was babysitting at night and someone jiggled the doorknob! I grabbed the baby and my phone and called my parents while sitting next to the big family dog.
1. Have you ever been in a choir or other singing group?
2. Do you have any strange or unusual talents (e.g. wiggling ears, yodeling)?
3. Do you find wombats cute and cuddly?
4. What was the last song you heard?
5. What were you very happy to accomplish last year?
6. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
7. Given the choice, would you rather have someone over for dinner tomorrow or go to someone else's house for dinner?
8. If you could be a pen-pal or e-pal with someone from any nation, what country would you choose (it can't be a country in which you already have a friend)?
9. What is one thing you disliked doing as a child and now enjoy doing as a teen or adult?
10. Has blogging changed you as a person? If so, how?
My Nominees (sorry, they are not ten):
Jill at Elegant Homestead
Mariya at My Name is Ayiram
Bethany at Liberty or Death
Cryslyn at Cryslyn's Blog
Danielle at A Vapor in the Wind
Kelly-Anne at Beautiful Girlhood
This Sunday outfit is somewhat reminiscent of the 1930's with its slim, striped skirt and tailored, belted blouse. It was just the right look to showcase my new heeled sandals, and the weather was also perfect for wearing summery shoes. Finishing off the ensemble was vintage inspired hair and makeup, though my hair really looked more 40's than 30's. Oh well...I still like how everything came together. :)
Outfit Details: Blouse ~ Thrift or Consignment; Skirt ~ Kohl's; Shoes ~ Kohl's
A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps.