Style School: Parisian


    Happy weekend, all! I'm back with another Style School post. This next fashion is something that I really enjoy pulling off now and again. It is none another than...

Parisian

Source
Source
Source
Source

   A Parisian look is characterized by simple, and “effortless” styling. Basic pieces, neutral colors, and horizontal stripes, are wardrobe staples for a lady wanting to emulate this style. The wearer might put together an outfit that could easily fit into the “Classic” category, then top it off with a colorful beret. Parisian style is an excellent choice for the girl who wants to keep styling simple but chic.

Examples of Parisian Pieces: Sailor top; Tailored trousers; Full midi skirt; Ballet Flats; Leather Jacket; Trench Coat; Beret; Small Scarf




   My own Parisian outfit was a breeze to put together, as I already had the right pieces. My blue and white sailor top was a no-brainer. I decided to pair it with a navy skirt, and also layered on black tights for warmth. As with last week, black flats were my shoe of choice. A crocheted beret topped off the outfit, and was that final detail that made the look.

Outfit Details: Top ~ Target; Skirt ~ Hand-me-down; Tights ~ ?; Shoes ~ Kohl's; Beret ~ Made by me 


    I hope that these Style School posts have been helpful so far in clearing up the mystery of all the phrases thrown around in the fashion world. It's fun for me to research different styles and find ways to define them! Stay tuned for next week, when I plan to take on "Boho!" :)

 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Luke 12:34

Comments

  1. Hello my friend! Oh my...how I am enjoying this series thus far - it is informative and fun! I love the Parisian style...and you did an amazing job of creating a stunning outfit...I love it!
    Happy weekend to you, Paige!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you much! :D It makes me happy that you enjoy this! Thanks and may your first week of February be off to a great start. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh very nice!!! I have a striped shirt almost exactly like that! :) I really like your skirt as well! Oh you crochet!!!! I apsolutely love crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, fun! Stripes are the best. ;) Thanks. And how neat! What do you make?

      Delete
    2. Oh all sorts of things! Right now I'm making lip balm holders for a Easter craft fair we are going to be attending in March. :)

      I like making hats as well ... I have a whole bag of them. :)

      In the past I've made coasters, necklaces, bracelets, bookmarks, animals (owls are my favourite to make!), a couple baskets with t-shirt yarn, and some doilies/mats. :) I'm probably forgetting some things, but oh well!

      So yes you can tell I like crocheting! :p

      Delete
    3. Wow, it sounds like you can make a lot of things! That's so neat. It's great to have a crafting skill. :)

      Delete
  3. Dear Paige, such an adorable outfit. The beret looks nice with the ringlets in your hair. As always your smile brightens up your look. Have a great rest of your weekend. Looking forward to "Boho", style post;) Blessings, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muchly Stephanie! :) I did have a good weekend. Happy February!

      Delete
  4. I definitely like this style!
    My Mom has a shirt almost exactly like yours in these pictures--your cute outfit is making me think I want to borrow it from her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good one for sure! :)
      Oooh, neat...you should. ;)

      Delete
  5. Very nice outfit! Love stripes--and polka-dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Oh yes, they are just the best.

      Delete
  6. I love Parisian style. My berets are a staple in my wardrobe. :-)

    ~ princesstatters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink