Mom Style II


    Hello readers! It's a cozy-inside, wet-outside winter evening here on the Pacific coast, and this blogger is tired. I started a new part-time job yesterday, which I am enjoying so far. I'm also anticipating being in a wedding this weekend (yay!), which will account for some more busyness. Life continues on with its expected and unexpected events. It's all good stuff, but it takes up time and energy. At times like these, it's nice to have some material saved back for blogging...


   Today, that material happens to be a few outfits Mom has worn (and yes, I am planning to get back on track with my outfit posts soon ;) )! Though Mom and I have different fashion senses, we appreciate each others' style and both give tips to the other person. My mom has an adult child, but that doesn't mean she has to dress in a dull manner. Instead, she displays her own unique personality through her clothing, while still remaining age-appropriate.

    Mom says of her style:  "As I've aged, my style changes periodically. Outfits that worked for me a few years ago no longer work. I now prefer to wear only what I feel good in and makes me happy. I've pared down my closet quite a bit and it's very refreshing to have only clothes that I really like. I do have some grubbies for dirty work, but that's a necessity." Way to go, Mum!

Outfit I Details: Owl sweater ~ Sears; skirt~thrifted; scarf ~ gift from a friend who went to Jerusalem; boots ~ new from Hot Knots $90
Outfit II Details: Bird -print top ~ gift; tank top ~ Rue 21; skirt ~ old - thrifted; flats ~ Ross
Outfit III Details: dress ~ bought new from Kohl's; denim jacket ~ thrifted; shoes ~ thrifted


   Do you like Mom's outfits?
How do you think your style reflects your stage in life?


Buy the truth, and do not sell it,
Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.  
The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice,
And he who begets a wise child will delight in him. 
 Let your father and your mother be glad,
And let her who bore you rejoice.
 Proverbs 23:23-25

  

   

Comments

  1. Very lovely outfits! I think I like the last one best. Thanks to your mom for sharing! Great verse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your mom really look alike!
    I like the last one too, and love the verse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People often tell us we look alike, but we don't always see it ha ha! :-) ~Lisa

      Delete
    2. Thanks! ;) Like Mom said, we hear that a lot!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! That last dress - is it new? I haven't seen it before and it's super pretty! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it for a little while, but the weather has been a bit too cold for me to wear it much. I really like it too! <3 ~Lisa

      Delete
  4. Dear Paige, I love all the outfits that your mom is wearing, especially the second one. Your mom is very pretty! I also like the verse you shared very much. Take care and God bless you. Blessings always, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliment! <3 ~Lisa

      Delete
    2. Thanks, she is a pretty mom. ;) Thanks! Have a lovely week, Cindy.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Love your outfits Lisa! They look lovely!
    Thanks Paige for your comments on my last post. I appreciate them , and you, a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are a sweet person! <3 ~Lisa

      Delete
  6. Dear Paige, congratulations on your part-time job. I agree with your Mom about wearing clothes that make you feel good in and makes you happy. It gives you a positive attitude and a good way to start your day with confidence. I enjoyed looking at your Mom's 3 outfits. They each looked very nice on her. I prefer the 2nd the best. I could see myself wearing that cute outfit. I think it is wonderful that you can share your outfit post with your Mom and have a common enjoyment together. Blessings, Stephanie M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes, this blog would definitely not be what it is without my mom. And I so like her boots in the first outfit. ;)Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink