Outfit || End-of-Summer Stripes

 
   Hullo friends! I hope you have all had a lovely weekend. Mine has been full of rest, spur-of-the-moment fun things, and weather changes (dark colors and tights in summer weather can be a bit uncomfortable)! To top it off, I'm here to share with you one of my new second-hand finds from a shopping day earlier this month. :)


   Pretty much everything about this dress meets my approval. It's made out of comfy jersey material, has a delightfully retro-inspired silhouette, is a lovely color, and has my favorite pattern - stripes! And get this, it's by Effie's Heart, a brand that sells for $60.00 or upwards online. I bought it for $8.00 or $10.00 at a consignment store in like-new condition!

  The only real downside for me is that the top has a little less coverage than I personally prefer. However, it looks quite well layered with a brown t-shirt, and will look cute with a cardigan this autumn. On the particular Sunday that I donned this frock, I layered it with the t-shirt, put on black flats and called it an outfit!

Outfit Details: Dress ~ Consignment Store; T-shirt ~ Gift; Flats ~ Target



   Autumn is fast approaching in the Western hemisphere! Around here, it can be a bit stereotypical to say that fall is one's favorite season. Nevertheless, I have a special place in my heart for this time of year. I like wearing cool-weather clothes, smelling the fireplace smoke in the air, and seeing the stunning colors of the leaves. It makes me nostalgic for the way it felt to start a new school year or choir semester when I was younger. Though the cool weather went away again today, I was excited when the sky was dark and gloomy and I got to wear boots to work!

What is one of your favorite things about autumn?
If you are in the Eastern hemisphere, 
what is one of your favorite things about spring?


Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.
James 1:17

Comments

  1. Dear friend, your dress is lovely. You look very nice in stripes. I love Autumn makes for colorful scenery walking in the woods. Listening to the crunching under your feet. Sitting around the fire place watching the flames so peaceful. Hope you have a good week:) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! :) Aaah...it all sounds lovely! :D

      Delete
  2. I love your dress. It is still warm and sunny here in the UK and I am still able to wear my cotton summer dresses. I do need to add a cardigan in the evenings though.

    I like to wear my summer dresses and skirts for as long as possible - but it probably won't be long before I start wearing trousers again.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much! Oh, yes, the layering time of year. :)

      Delete
  3. very attractive outfit ,and you are so pretty young lady .wishing you a beautiful life just like YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful! You make others smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in the Eastern hemisphere and am so excited for Spring. Baby lambs in the paddocks down the road, new chickens, daffodils, blossoms... ahhhh I love Spring. This is a pretty outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! Sounds so beautiful. Thanks Bonnie! :)

      Delete
  6. So pretty! I wouldn't have thought to pair the dress with a brown shirt, but it really works together so nicely!! Well done! <3

    //Read the latest at:
    ModestOnPurpose.blogspot.com
    PeculiarOnPurpose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, Kimberley! :) Yes, black and brown are supposedly a fashion no-no, but they sometimes look so good together! :D

      Delete
  7. Ohh! I like the length and the fact that there are ties in back. I wish more adult dresses had tie backs. Mainly ties are on children's clothing, but I would love to have ties on some of the looser fitting dresses and shirts in style now. You look nice and it does seem like it would b comfy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't it so fun?! Thanks Lexi! Hope your weekend is off to a great start!

      Delete
  8. Ohh! I like the length and the fact that there are ties in back. I wish more adult dresses had tie backs. Mainly ties are on children's clothing, but I would love to have ties on some of the looser fitting dresses and shirts in style now. You look nice and it does seem like it would b comfy. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit! The brown top completes the dress perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dress!!! :) Autumn is my favourite time of year ... I love the fallish smells around the house. Potpourri, pumpkin handwash, pumpkin air freshner ... {happy sigh} I love taking pictures in the Autumn as well--leaves just make them so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosalyn! :D Good to hear from you again, by the way. :) Ooh, yes! Happy Autumn to you.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I hadn't realized that I haven't been commenting for so long!

      Delete
    3. No problem! :) It's just good to hear from you again!

      Delete
  11. What a lovely dress! It looks perfect for this "fall morning but summer afternoon" season. Plus it's an absolutely gorgeous color on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Skyeler! :) By the way, lovely to "meet" you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink