Outfit || May Showers

  
   April showers bring May flowers, right? Well, this May has had its flowers and showers so far. After a sunny week, the Lord decided to give us a bit more rain. I don't know why, but I do know that it called for another impromptu umbrella photo shoot! :)




  A unique piece, this asymmetrical red skirt is something Mom found at a consignment store, and told me about after coming home. As you can see, I went to that store and ended up buying it! Today I paired it with a long-sleeved gray tee, an item that I wear often but haven't featured yet. Long gray socks and knee-high boots kept me warm and safe from the puddles I splashed through on my way to and from the office.

Outfit Details: Shirt ~ Target?; Cami ~ Hand-me-down; Skirt ~ Consignment Store; Boots ~ Foot Locker

*                                  *                                  *

   How have you been these days, readers? I have been sick (part of the reasons for last week's break from posting) for the past week with an appetite-killing, runny-nosed respiratory bug that won't seem to go away. After taking a couple of days off last week, I was a bit behind on my work, but am tackling it day by day. This evening after getting off I had my first experience with my car battery dying as a result of forgetting to turn off my lights - oops! Thankfully, one of the salesmen was kind enough to help me get it started back up. In spite of the not-so-nice things in the past week, there have been pleasant things to enjoy, such as ice-cream, movies, and dachshund cuddles! :)

Have you been staying well lately?
Have you ever left your headlights on all day?
What have been some highlights of your past week?

“So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord.
His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain,
Like the spring rain watering the earth.”
Hosea 6:3 
 

Comments

  1. Hello lovely friend...so very good to stop by...it has been much too long! {{smiles}} This was such a sweet photoshoot...love the umbrella! Do send some of that gorgeous rain this way - our water is drying up so quickly! Ah yes...we have often left our headlights on and had to plead with some kind person to help us start the car up! Aww...sorry to hear you have been ill - must be the change of seasons, I am down with a cold too! Sniff!
    Love and hugs to you today, Paige...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by; It's lovely to "see" you! I am feeling mostly better this weekend and hope that you are as well. I will pray for relief from your drought! Have a lovely new week!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful outfit and pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 these pictures! and the umbrella too! I love it!

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! It's fun to use a prop now and then!

      Delete
  4. How nice you look even in the rain:) so sorry you have been sick hopefully it will clear up soon for you and you can feel better. Love your asymmetrical red skirt your Mom and you have good taste! I would have bought it too! We have been lucky staying healthy;) Well pretty exciting our last day of school several of us teachers decided to lip sync & dance to Taylor Swifts Shake It Off song for the students. It was so much fun everyone had fun and students loved it! Hope you feel better so you can enjoy this weekend;) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are very sweet! I am feeling much better this weekend. :) Oh, it sounds like you and your students had a blast! I hope your summer vacation is off to a great start!

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfit - so sorry to hear that you have been unwell - take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rebecca! I am nearly recovered today! :)

      Delete
  6. My Chevy truck has auto lights so I never have to even think about it. Glad to hear you're feeling better. You're pics reminded me of this past rainy Saturday when I changed some zoo plans to go to the aquarium instead.
    I like that big umbrella! The outfit also looks cute on you. (red's my fav color, no wonder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,cool! My parents' Camry has the same thing; it was quite nice when I used to drive it. Sounds like you had a good rainy day as well!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE your outfit! Have you felt convicted to wear skirts or pants? (I haven't read your entire blog so I don't know how you feel about that topic. I hope you don't mind me asking.) I have worn skirts for a period of my life, but enjoy pants. Plus, I think there are times when pants are better wear for certain activities.
    Thanks for the post. What is your favorite highlight this week of May?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! :) Well, I wear skirts most of the time but also wear pants often. They're more comfortable on some occasions, and I always wear them in a feminine way.
      Well, I would say doing some photography two weekends ago and just having enjoyed a 3-day weekend out of town were some highlights of this month. You?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink