Outfit & Thoughts || Anchored




"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

   Good evening, everyone! I hope that you are all safe and well. While things are fairly peaceful this weekend in my little corner of the world, it seems that natural disasters are abounding across the earth. We know that we have tribulation in this world, but believers in Christ must cling to His victory over sin and death. We know the end of the story.



   I don't have a problem, do I? Okay, this blogger has been going a little crazy about anchors lately. They have such a unique shape, the perfect representation of nautical style. When I found this hoodie at a consignment store, I just had to take it home. Not only do I like the design, but a cute hoodie (as opposed to things not worn outside the house) is something I've been wanting for a while.

   Today I styled this new piece with a t-shirt, my well-loved jean skirt, and leggings for a casual Saturday look. Before heading out for a photo shoot, I slipped my bare feet into new sandals that are not only cute, but comfortable! The finishing touch was one of my favorite mugs, a mug featuring none other than anchors!


   During this time when the world is in turmoil, it is important to remember who is in ultimate control. Understanding why God allows tragic things can be difficult, but when we read His word we see that the Lord has promised to be with His people through it all. In preparing for children's church this afternoon, I came to read this passage:

"The Lord was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night. He did not take away the pillar of cloud by day, nor the pillar of fire by night, from before the people."  
Exodus 13:21-22

As God led His people out of Egypt, He gave them visible signs of His presence that never left them.

 As believers, we have the hope of eternal life and Christ's return. Meanwhile, we know that He has not forsaken us (Matthew 28:20, Hebrews 13:5). We live in distressing times, but may we use this as an opportunity to share with a hurting world about this hope within us (1 Peter 3:15).

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
Hebrews 6:19-20 
 


Comments

  1. Paige, thank you for sharing this encouraging reminder!

    I have always loved anchors. The backdrop is such a good combination with your outfit! :)

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!
      Ooh, glad to hear about another anchor aficionado. Thanks; it's great to be near the coast! ^_^

      Delete
  2. I really appreciate how you pulled everything together. From your hoodie with anchor and anchor of the soul bible verse. How true of God is our savior and is leading us to his will. We must hold on to our faith and help our neighbors in need. May it be in prayer or donation. We come together to serve. This was a very thoughtful post. Thank you. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I liked how the theme fell together well! :) This is true. Thanks for your sweet words. <3

      Delete
  3. Oh how I share your addiction with anchors! I do love them! I go through many different clothing likes, here lately I've been living cacti and flamingos. 😄😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another gal who loves anchors! :D Oh, those sound like fun summer choices. :)

      Delete
  4. I really like your post! Glad to see your doing good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timely passages, Paige! Thank you for the uplifting Scriptures.
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this velvet trend, specially the slip dresses

    ルブタン 靴 コピー

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet photo shoot, that mug is the perfect addition!

    -Kati
    Almost Stylish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the anchor hoodie! :) And thanks for the reminders there at the end. I love how it all tied together too, your anchors and Jesus being our anchor and all that. :) Well written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! I appreciate your comment as a fellow believer and a writer. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink