Photography || Farewell to Winter


   Hello, dear readers! I hope that March came to a peaceful close for you and yours and that April will prove to be a lovely spring month (or autumn month for the Southern Hemisphere natives!) We can look forward to a more pronounced change of seasons and a special holiday to celebrate the Lord's resurrection.



   As an adieu to the season of chilly air, hot cocoa, and candlelit holidays I am sharing with you a long overdue photography post. You see, I took these shots back in January during an unusually cold and stormy week my area had. Coastal winters are quite mild compared to other parts of the country, but we can sometimes see snow in the mountains and inland regions of my county. When the cold snap came, we took a forty-five minute Sunday drive to a higher elevation in search of snowy scenes. My camera and I were rewarded with some absolutely amazing views of a white-blanketed earth showcased in the soft light of late afternoon sunshine beaming through the clouds.


It sifts from leaden sieves,
It powders all the wood,
It fills with alabaster wool
The wrinkles of the road. 


Emily Dickinson, "The Snow"


 
   A couple of goals I have for this month is to complete the hat I've been making the past few weeks for my mom's birthday (which was in February ;)) and to begin learning a new song on the hammered dulcimer (which I haven't done since Christmastime!) At lease, I hope to do these things! What are your plans for this month?


Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, 
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:7,10

Comments

  1. Dear Paige,

    Thank you for these beautiful photos of landcapes which testimony of the Lord's magnificience.

    In the West Indies, where I live, the weather is rather hot now :)

    One night, while I was observing the stars in the sky, I felt a deep gratitude.

    I have learnt one lesson from these stars: they constantly glorify the Lord. So, why shouldn't I do it also every day in my life?

    I wish you success with your goals.

    Amélie.

    P.S: My apologies for my approximative English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Amelie!
      Wow, what an awesome way to think of viewing Creation. Thank you for sharing your perspective. :)

      Delete
  2. Your Winter photos look peaceful and tranquil. We had a very cold, snowy Winter too. Are you knitting a hat for your Mother? I can knit dishcloths, scarves and blankets. Never tried a hat, seems tricky. I am so excited you are learning a new song for your hammered dulcimer! I love to hear you play it. Hope you are successful at your goals. My goal is to organize my pre-school works I have made into months so I can access them easily as I need them. Hope you enjoy your weekend. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend!
      I am actually crocheting the hat. :) Do you knit or crochet?
      That sounds like a good project!

      Delete
    2. I knit. I taught my daughter in-law how to knit. An older co-worker had taught me how to knit. Who taught you how to crochet? I find it relaxing and rewarding to start with a ball of yarn and turn it into something useful. Have a nice day:) Stephanie

      Delete
    3. Oh, neat! :) How fun!
      I was self-taught, but a friend originally showed me how to pull the yarn through the stitches because I couldn't tell from the instructions. :'D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink