Outfit || Summer Stripes


   Hello everyone! Just when you were beginning to wonder if I would ever put up a September post (okay, maybe that was me who was wondering), here I am! Life has remained busy and due to various factors, I spend much of my free time sitting on the couch doing things that demand as little  physical or mental energy as possible. I'm discovering that adulthood is a long season in life in which one's level of responsibility does not change in relation to one's amount of sleep (thanks insomnia). One simply does the "have tos" and puts aside the "want tos" to make room for naps. ;)



   Today's outfit has a slightly 90's throwback feel without being overtly old-school. There is nothing like a jean skirt for those days when I want to look cute while still keeping it simple. I found this one a few months ago and am really enjoying it. What better way to style it than with my favorite pattern, stripes! My new dachshund charm bracelet added some shine and payed homage to my old friend. Black flats completed the easy-going look, making an ensemble that would be equally ready for work or just a casual weekend around town.


And a blooper, just for fun ;P

   Well my friends, summer has come to a close just like that. What were your highlights of the season? Though I never went on vacation, I enjoyed a lovely summer. I tried new restaurants and went to beautiful outdoor spaces with loved ones, went to a ladies retreat with my church (which was sort of a mini vacation), had plenty of ice cream, and soaked up some vitamin D while taking inventory of cars at work! Let me know what you've been up to in the comments below! ^_^


Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

 

Comments

  1. Hello lovely friend...
    So good to spend some time visiting with you! Ahh...adult life certainly has its challenges!I chuckle when I think back to when I was a wee girl...I couldn't wait to grow up!
    I love this simple outfit...it is so cute! And that jean skirt is gorgeous! So glad you had a good summer... Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello to you too sweet friend! Ah yes, how children want to grow up before they know what that involves. ;)
      Thank you so much! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Hello Paige,


    I am completely agree with you and Kelly-Anne!. Adulthood is marked by constant struggles :)

    Lovely outfit and nice summer program!

    I am grateful to have had a peaceful summer overall, by spending time in church and with my family.

    Thank you for the post of the month :)

    Amélie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so it is. I suppose the challenges will increase, but so will our maturity. :)
      Well, that sounds like a lovely summer! I hope you are having a good autumn so far.

      Delete
  3. So nice to see your smile again. I like your stripe shirt matched with a cute Jean skirt. I like the flag flowing in the background. Well, my Summer was busy teaching preschoolers. I do so enjoy their innocence. Here we are in Autumn, still feels like Summer��. Sure it will change soon. Hopefully you can get the sleep you need. Almost forgot. Very nice doxie braclet. Take care. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! :) Well, your summer has been full and fun indeed then! Thanks for your well wishes.

      Delete
  4. I love the stripes! And your blooper photo made me laugh :)
    My summer was incredibly lazy. I moved back in with my parents for the summer, just to get some rest from all the "have-to's" because, as you said, adulthood is exhausting, and because I had the summer off work I took full advantage of all the time to nap. I'm back at work and busy again now though.
    I hope you are able to get the rest you need. My sister is a fellow insomniac, so I can understand your suffering even though I don't have that issue myself. I hope you can sleep well in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^_^
      It sounds like you had a relaxing summer, which is probably just what you needed.
      Ugh, yes it is difficult! I'm still struggling but now and then I get a good night in. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink