Autumn Horizons and Facial War
Good evening, readers! It has been a cool day in my corner of the world. The sky is foggy and the air dirty with the smoke of California's fires. There's soup on the stove and a scarf around my neck. It feels like autumn, though another month of summer has yet to be.
|My bestie crashed my photoshoot! She's in heels okay? I'm still short.|
Outfit Details: Shirt ~ Thrifted; Skirt ~ Modcloth; Leggings ~ ?; Scarf ~ Thrifted; Shoes ~ Walmart
I do not have perfect skin. It's not absolutely horrible, but I have more than the occasional little blemish. Acne attacks me with varying degrees of assault, but is never gone. I am in a bit of a war with it. My counter-attacks have been waged with many styles of weaponry. Some of my arsenal has been the usual fare, like salicylic acid, while other defenses have been of a homeopathic nature.
You see, I've put some weird stuff on my face, including the following:
- Toothpaste (I think it's supposed to dry it out)
- Green Clay (Making a mask out of this is actually helpful; Clay draws out impurities.)
- Red Clay (I've actually washed my face with this)
- Honey (This is also helpful. Try to avoid ants when wearing it.)
- Plain Greek Yogurt (Yes I have put food on my face)
- An Aspirin Tablet (I only tried this once...it didn't work like Pinterest said.)
- Tea Tree Oil (This can have a nice drying out effect. It does not smell like tea...)
- Kokui Nut Oil (Who knew there was a thing called a Kokui nut?! It's better for sunburns.)
- Ice Cubes (Rubbing an ice-cube on the spots is supposed to reduce inflammation. I don't recall being impressed by the results of rubbing water on my face.)
Remedies have met with various degrees of success, but none have eradicated the problem. An internal cleanse may or may not help, but things such as dairy keep this skinny girl alive. I just try not to overdo the unhelpful foods hope the antioxidants in dark chocolate cancel out the sugar and caffeine. Meanwhile, I attempt to amuse you with tales of my protest against pimples. You never know just what I'll try next...;)
Have you ever put anything weird on your face?
Do you like to use mainstream or homeopathic remedies?