Gray Day // God's Love Pt. 2


   Happy last weekend of Summer! And here I am sharing an autumnal outfit. The fact of the matter is, last Wednesday was a cold and rainy day here on the coast. It actually felt like Fall! However, on Thursday it was back to sunshine. It still hasn't been as warm as before, so the next season could very well be on its way.


   Would you look at this cable-knit sweater! Paired with my striped jersey skirt, it was just right for the wet day. I added fuzzy teal knee socks, which picked up on the skirt's teal stripes. Boots were an obvious puddle-dodging footwear choice. I accessorized with a silver necklace and handmade pendant, and later with a darling new hat that I bought while out and about! :D

Outfit Details: Sweater ~ Thrift Store; Skirt ~ Thrift Store; Knee Socks, Necklace and Pendant ~ Gifts; Boots ~ Ross; Hat ~ Ross


   Two weeks ago, I posted a Bible study about God's love in the Old Testament. I'm back to share the next part, which is from the New Testament. Enjoy these scriptural encouragements!

*Agapao... and the corresponding noun agape... present the "characteristic word of Christianity,  and since the Spirit of revelation has used it to express ideas previously unknown, inquiry into its use, whether in Greek literature or in the Septuagint, throws but little light upon its distinctive meaning in the NT..."  "Love can be known only from the actions it prompts..."

**For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
John 15:9

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,
 (by grace ye are saved;) 
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
Ephesians 2:5-6

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
I John 3:1

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from
 our sins in his own blood,
And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 1:5-6

*Phileo...is to be distinguished from agapao in this, that phileo more nearly represents "tender affection..."

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed 
that I came out from God.
John 16:27

* Word definitions from Vine's Expository Dictionary
** Scriptures are taken from King James Version

*                         *                        *

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Colossians 3:12




Comments

  1. I really like your outfit, Paige--lovely! I just wore a pullover sweater in public for the first time in quite a while; it's almost sad it's about time to switch over to a fall wardrobe, but I am very thankful we've had a very nice extended summer here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! :D It's good that you have enjoyed a nice summer. I'm ready for fall to begin - however, you are most likely anticipating a much harsher winter to follow than I am!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is such an adorable Fall~inspired outfit, my friend! And how cute you look in your new hat...it is going to be very handy in the coming chilly weather too!

    Thank you for sharing such beautiful Scripture today...aren't we blessed to have the love of a our Heavenly Father...? Truly humbling!

    May your Sunday be blessed, dearest Paige! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly-Anne! Yes, it will keep me warm. I'm also making another hat, which will hopefully be on here in the next week or so. ;)
      We are so blessed! What an amazing Lord we have. :)

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous.
    It's strange though how weather is vastly different this time of year. Currently I'm wearing shorts and a tank top (this time of year I'm usually in snow boots!).
    I have to remind myself that not everyone has the same weather as me.
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog :
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha!
      Haha, that is funny! After this particular day it got warm again, but we are definitely transitioning into the cooler part of the year.

      Delete
  4. I think you should wear hats more often, they look cute on you! And that sweater looks so cozy ^_^ thanks for the verses on love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I have two cute ones now that shall stay me in good stead during the winter. It is a cozy sweater! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink