Outfit Guest Post by Andra


     
   Once upon a Monday night at Paige's house, the family laptop went kaput. It had been on its way out for a while, but the time had finally come to replace it. Paige's parents ordered a new laptop, which arrived that Friday (as it turns out, they might not even keep it, as it might not be the best choice for them). Paige hadn't taken any outfit photos that week, so she was just going to share a sob story on Saturday night - then, she saw the guest post in her inbox! 


 Hi y'all 

I'm Andra, an eighteen year old,  part-time catering coordinator, home school graduate, and seamstress just trying to keep from drowning in my own busy-ness! As part of my love and study of fabric and design, I squeeze in the time to try and share my fashion (and life) finds on my blog, Andra's Finds. I was thrilled when Paige asked me to do a guest post as I have never done one before! So bear with me as I get the hang of this. 

Originally, my blog started out as an encouragement for younger girls in dressing modest, but my vision has started to evolve. It didn't take long to discover that there were plenty of modesty blogs out there for young ladies, so I asked myself, "How am I different?" Like so many girls, I have my own passions and enjoyments. I have unique skills. So many of the things that come easily to me, are difficult for others. Therefore, how could I help other girls with my gifts? And so my vision began to evolve! 

Everyone has a special, unique beauty that no one else can replicate! I have my own experiences and knowledge, things I've discovered myself. From that knowledge and experience, came the idea of sharing things that I have "found" along the Journey, thus, Andra's Finds began to form.
"Everyone is special" is a ridiculously worn-out phrase that people, even I, get tired of hearing continually. So, why would I use that idea as the premise for my blog?
"For the body is not one member, but many. If the foot says, 'because I am not a hand, I am not part of the body,' it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body... If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? But now God has placed the members, each of them, in the body, just as He desired. If they were all one member, where would the body be? But now there are many members, but one body... But God has composed the body, giving more abundant honor to that member which lacked, so that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another... Now you are Christ's body, and individually members of it."
1 Corinthians 12:14-15,17-20, 24b-25, & 27

As I learned from this verse (one of my inspirational verses), I am an individual member of Christ's body, my purpose: to live in unity of the Spirit, having the same care for my brothers and sisters. How do I care? By sharing my "finds" on Andra's Finds. That being said, you are all welcome to hop over to my blog and learn whatever you can from my life's finds.

I'm wearing: Tunic: Modcloth.com // Umbrella: Totes // Tights: Khols // Halftee: Halftee.com // Rain boots: Shoe Show 
  
  Well, I will see you around ladies! Thanks for understanding why I wasn't online this week (and may or may not be next week!). In the meantime, be sure to check out Andra's blog. Happy stylin'!

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
Matthew 6:25

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink