Dressy Dinner // You Might Be a Modest Fashionista If...
Greetings all! Perhaps Sunday Best can get back on schedule this week, eh? :) I'm here this Tuesday with an outfit and the modest fashionista list that I said might happen last week...ha! ;)
Last week, I attended a fundraising banquet for our local pregnancy care center. It's a fun event to dress up for, though by no means a black tie affair. After some brainstorming, I came up with a new outfit that was not only appropriate for the dinner, but also something fresh to put on the blog!
My green eShakti dress was the base for this dressy outfit. It doesn't really sport an autumnal shade, but I added some makeup and clothing pieces that gave my look a fall flair. I wore a pretty multi-colored scarf and a sweet brown-black blazer (I finally have a classy blazer that fits!). My cherished black flats finished off the outfit, and looked well with the jacket's dark shade.
Outfit details: Dress ~ c/o eShakti; Blazer ~ Consignment Store; Scarf ~ Gift; Shoes ~ Target
* * *
You might be a modest fashionista if...
1. It's discouraging to pull out a super cute dress from the rack and then see the cutout in the back.
2. Summer dresses become winter dresses because of all the layering you have to do.
3. You're ready for people to be done with the whole "leggings as pants" thing.
4. The transparency of 21st century clothing is disturbing to you.
5. You've wondered if an item was a skirt, a dress, or a top.
6. You've said "This would be cute if it was longer/higher/had less cut-outs/ect"
7. Shrugs and boleros make certain outfits possible.
8. You or someone you know will put sewing skills to use in altering your clothes to be modest.
9. People have stared at you. Is it admiration or incredulity?
10. You have learned to use secret weapons like safety pins and fashion tape.
Have you ever been to a fundraising dinner?
Would you add anything to the modest fashionista list?
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.