Strikingly Sixties


   Have you ever been trying to come up with an outfit and had a wardrobe epiphany? A burst of creative fashion genius? I had one a couple of days ago, and these are the results.






  Okay, so maybe this doesn't look like genius, but it was a new idea for me. On Thursday morning I was thinking about layering a shirt under my sheath dress - I highly recommend this to make a warm and classy outfit. I had seen my floral peasant top in the closet and decided to put it under my dress. Adding black tights and black flats, I made a 1960's inspired outfit that combined boho and classic styles. Blowing out a little flip in my hair and wearing liquid eyeliner also captured the era. Last but not least, a double-breasted jacket provided coziness and style. Groovy!

Outfit Details: Blouse ~ Thrift Store; Dress ~ Kohl's; Tights ~ ? ; Shoes ~ Target

*                                      *                                      *

 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth. He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.
 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
 The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Psalm 46


Comments

  1. Beautiful Psalm, Paige! I *love* this outfit on you! It reminds me some of some of the outfits Ninety-Nine wore in Get Smart in at least one season she had her hair styled similarly to yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was reading it today and it was apropos for my own life as well as what's going on in the world today!
      Ooh, cool! :D I was inspired by another 60's spy show, The Avengers.

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is so gorgeous, dear friend! Very classy...I love how you layered the peasant top under the dress...it works beautifully!
    Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! Hugs to you too. :)

      Delete
  3. I like it Paige! It does look rather 60's.
    Thanks for sharing that Psalm. What a wonderful reminder of how powerful our God is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      Yes, it is so good to remember that He is in control of everything and has a plan!

      Delete
  4. Fall is perfect for layering. Super cute and chic outfit, Paige! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice 60s look! Was this the one you wore the other day while playing your folk instrument? ;) I like the b&w effect at the end, btw! it looks so retro ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yes, yes it was. ;)
      Hehe yes, can't resist adding a little Photoshop.

      Delete
  6. Paige, l like the flowered peasant shirt. Your black sheath dress is perfect to layer and goes with any color you feel in the mood for that day. You look very nice with the black eyeliner! So true, God is always guiding us and helping us, we just need to listen and trust him. Blessings Stephanie M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, I have gotten a lot of use out of this dress! God is good. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink