Outfit || Sunday Thanks


   Hi there everyone! Long time no see, eh? I trust that you've all been well and happy since we last met. Lately it's been harder to fit in outfit blog shoots with the sun down before I get off work and my photographer now working two mornings a week! Well, this weekend we made it happen just in time for the upcoming holiday. :)



   I confess that this outfit is not particularly stunning, but it is nothing if not seasonal! We had a Thanksgiving potluck at church on Sunday, so on Saturday evening I had the task of putting together something autumnal to wear. Happily, I had just been browsing Pinterest, which gave me the idea of layering my heeled oxfords with socks (see inspiration here). I knew that I wanted to wear burgundy leggings, so the rest of the outfit came together according to the color scheme and desire to showcase my shoes and socks. Now, I have one word of caution after wearing this outfit - if you are on the clean-up crew for a potluck, bring comfortable shoes to replace your heels! ;)


   In closing, I would like to share a scripture that has recently had much meaning for me. Matthew 11:28-30 says  “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” 
   
   The Strong's definition of the word translated "who are weary" says "... to feel fatigue; by implication, to work hard...". We often work ourselves to exhaustion trying to be our own definition of perfection or to maintain the approval of others. If we believe, Christ is our righteousness and we don't earn our own salvation. Jesus is right there carrying our load with us, and gives us rest. Yes, we must try to please the Lord, but should also remember that He tenderly loves us. Be encouraged!

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
James 1:17


Comments

  1. So nice to read a new blog post from you Paige! I always like the thoughts you share with us, as well as the outfits you show. You're a lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeee that color of leggings and your boots!! *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty combination of colors! Perfect for Fall;) I do like layers of leggings and socks or boot warmers it looks very cozy. Your scripture comes at the right time for sure. A saying I just heard ( you can do anything but you can't do everything ) that sums it up right with your scripture for me know God is helping you along with your burdens is assuring I will succeed. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving;) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! :) The layered look is so fun and warm. I'm glad that the scripture came in a timely manner - God knows what we need when we need it. I hope you are seeing His mercies for you this week. <3

      Delete
  4. You definitely have the autumnal theme down beautifully! And thank you for sharing the verse from Matthew 11--it's such a comfort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bethany! :) Yes, it's such a good favorite!

      Delete
  5. I like reading your blog. It's like a nice weekly devotional with pretty pics. I need to share your blog with my 11yr niece. She has the same favorite color and traditional appreciation.
    I feel awkward though commenting on a girly page, Paige. lol. I wish there was a guy's style blog somewhere with the same traditional feel you have. You dress cute and chic, and you're honorable, and pretty. It's good to see your light shining.
    I love that verse from James.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy! I'm glad that you are encouraged by my blog. :) Hopefully after some research you can find some cool guy blogs too ... never know what's out there!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore this outfit, Paige! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink