Misc || December Memories


   Greetings, everyone! I hope that those of you who celebrate Christmas had a lovely holiday, whether it was quiet and thoughtful or lively and abundant. With the end of Christmas comes the realization that yet another year is drawing to a close. This fact brings both hope and fear, nostalgia for the past twelve months and wondering what the next twelve brings. Please join me for a brief look at this last month of the year...


Mom was my dinner date!
   Early this month, I attended the Christmas dinner for my workplace. The event was held in a historic building belonging to the dealership's owners. One of my favorite things about the party was enjoying the many vintage cars on display! I purchased a new dress for the party, which I wore with opaque tights, high heels, and a velvet bolero that Mom bought for me. Someday I will have to style the dress for a proper outfit shoot!


  I also celebrated my birthday earlier this month! Life has been a bit crazy, so I kept my festivities low-key, enjoying the day with those close to me. Above you'll see my birthday breakfast.


 Christmas was both busy and and quiet for our family. The 24th was filled with church and visiting family and friends. In contrast, Christmas day was fairly relaxed. We enjoyed the earlier part of the day at home and spent time with dear friends in the afternoon and evening. I took a break from photography for the holiday, except for some bokeh shots of the lights!

Cute Copper enjoying a goody sent by a sweet friend
   This month definitely hasn't been the easiest of the year. In the midst of it all the chaos, I have been blessed by the kindness of friends. I am so honored by the care that was taken to make my birthday and Christmas special - in the end it isn't about gifts received or foods eaten, but the love of those who take time to make me and my family feel cared for. I truly believe that God shows His love for us through others - as they say, "no man is an island"! Even simple gestures are a reminder of the Lord's presence in our lives.

What memories did you make this December?
Any other December babies out there?
How have others blessed you recently?


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
II Corinthians 3:4-5 
 

 

Comments

  1. You took some pretty Christmas light pictures:) I like your new dress. Both you and your Mom look pretty. So nice you and your Mom attended a party, looks like he has some antique cars on display. Glad to here you had a relaxing Birthday. Such a cute picture of Copper, happy to see he is having fun:) Hope you and your family enjoy bringing in the New Year! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your sweet words! Yes, Copper has really enjoyed his new toy. :) We had a lovely New Year's weekend and I hope that you had a fabulous one as well!

      Delete
  2. Belated Birthday wishes Paige - we as a family enjoy looking at vintage and classic cars so would have enjoyed that display as well. I am also pleased that you enjoyed a relaxing Christmas (Copper is so cute) and I would like to wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! :) Ooh, you would have enjoyed it for sure! Thanks so much; I wish the same to you!

      Delete
  3. Your outfit looks lovely Paige! Loved seeing the photo of Cooper. I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! :) He is a cute little guy. Thank you, I hope that you do as well!

      Delete
  4. Cute dress! It looks like you had a nice year. Those verses are so good;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink