Misc || The Unoffical Office Wear Guide


  Hey there blogging buddies, what's new? My life definitely feels busy right now, though much of what fills it is just normal things like housework, maintaining a social life and oh, being employed. ;) That brings me to what I wanted to share with you all today. After being an administrative professional (aka office lady) for two years, I've had to learn how to dress uniquely and appropriately for the workplace. Some ideas are probably best left in the past, but I'll share the more helpful things I've picked up!




  To begin with, we need to be clear on our workplace fits in the business attire spectrum. My office is in the business casual realm, with plenty of room for personal preference. The only clear-cut rule we have is not to wear jeans, except on special occasions. What is considered respectable clothing will vary from place to place.

Here are my top 6 Tips:


1) Neutral basics are a must. Solid skirts and pants create a springboard for the rest of the outfit and can be dressed up or down.


2) You can almost never have too many cardigans. Cardis are the hoodies of the business world. They keep you warm while remaining classy and are perfect to throw on when you don't know what to wear.



3) Ankle boots, ballet flats (or low wedges) and sleek boots are classic and comfy footwear choices. If you have foot pain, invest in shoes that look and feel great. At my job I'm allowed to wear sneakers, so it's always worth asking. ;)


4) Wearing pretty blouses and sweaters will help you to feel both feminine and professional in the workplace, while creating a great outlet for creativity!



5) A scarf is excellent for adding pizazz to an otherwise unimaginative ensemble, and can make you a little more weather-ready during winter days.

Source

6) When you feel like your outfit is blah (even fashion bloggers have very uninspired days), remember that hair and makeup can really perk up a dull look! Throw on your red lipstick and a smile and get to work!


What do you wear at your job?
Is there anything you would add to this list?


Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve.
Colossians 3:23-24


Comments

  1. This is such good advice! Thank you for sharing! :) My office is business casual, but a very relaxed version of that, haha! A random Tuesday I can expect to see at least one of my bosses in jeans, it's something you can wear through the week although I try not to and to give my work wardrobe a workout rather than defaulting to jeans all the time :)

    Hope you are having a good start to the week and you had a lovely Easter weekend! I had a nice one spending time with family and used the boys' naptimes to catch up on blogging :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you have a nice, easy-going office as far as attire goes!
      Thank you, it was good! It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday weekend. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so fun, Paige! I work in a factory, so I actually dress down because a)I want more sleep and b)I can get my clothes dirty sometimes at work. I miss looking nice, but I also enjoy the extra time I get in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! Well, that is smart! Yeah, sometimes dressing up actually gets a little old - those are jersey maxi skirt days for me. ;)

      Delete
  3. Very thorough list you comprised! I like to wear leggings with skirts & boots with boot warmers in Winter. I like Capri leggings & skirts or dresses with Keds in the Summer. All of your fashion samples look very nice. My favorite is your dress & jacket with leggings with ankle boots. That is really my kind of style:) Have a great rest of your week;) Your friend, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! You have such cute style too! :D Thank you. I hope you're enjoying your April! :)

      Delete
  4. An Interesting post Paige.

    I have a fairly formal black/white dress code in my office. A white top and black skirt or trousers. I tend to wear black pencil skirts (knee length) in summer and black trousers in winter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It must be tough to always have to wear the same colors, but it's also fun to have that extra challenge for yourself. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink