Outfit || Autumn in April


   So, it seems that I am addicted to stripes (of course, you already knew that) and jersey-knit skirts, most especially when the two combine. Just take a look at all of this year's outfit posts. >.< This particular outfit combines my new maxi skirt with a cozy sweater that looks like the perfect outfit for October; The only problem is that I wore this outfit last week. It's like Christmas in July right?



   Maxi skirts are perfect for those days when I want to look cute while simultaneously keeping things quick and simple. On the day I wore this outfit, I kept things super comfortable and cozy by styling my long skirt with a t-shirt and chunky knit cardigan. A belt reined in the flowing sweater for a more sleek outline while a gold cross necklace lent the outfit some sparkle.


   In closing, I want to share part of a favorite hymn. "I Need Thee" should be our heart's song to the Lord every day. How often we forget our dependence on Him; When physical ailments or difficult circumstances come, they remind us to cry out to Him - sometimes it's all we are able to do! The world drills into us the ideas of independence and self-confidence, but the truth is we need each other and even more so, our Creator.
 
I need thee every hour
Most gracious Lord
No tender voice like thine
Can peace afford 
 
I need thee every hour
Stay thou near by
Temptations lose their power
When thou art nigh 
 
I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.
 
Chorus:
I need thee oh I need thee
Every hour I need thee
Oh bless me now my savior
I come to thee
 

Comments

  1. Adorable outfit! And I love that hymn too!
    ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paige, you posed very elegantly in front of the flowering tree. I like how your shirt & the flower color matched. I do like hour maxi skirt, it looks comfortable. Our Spring has been chilly too! Adding your chunky sleek sweater wrapped up your Style perfectly;) Such a nice hymn. It is good to be reminded how much we really are depending on our Lord to help us and guide us in all our days. Thank you for sharing a very thoughtful post. Your friend, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stephanie! It is a comfy maxi skirt. :D Yes, that is so true...I forget all to often! <3

      Delete
  3. Lovely outfit Paige, you look statuesque. I enjoyed reading the hymn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Carlyn! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. oh!very good outfit,i so really love this style.

    fifa55

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink