Outfit || 60's Inspired Workwear


   Hi everyone! I hope that your last week of August is going well and that the Lord is sustaining you through all the craziness of life. Now, if you've been following this blog for a while you know that I have a bit of an obsession with stripes and all shades blue-green. If you've been following it for a long while you may have also picked up on my affection for 1960's fashion. Today's outfit combines the two.


   My homage to the 60's was paid by wearing a sheath dress, opaque tights with flats, and my personal favorite, a headscarf! The striped shirt layered under my dress was era-appropriate and also rather Paige-esque (try finding that in the dictionary ;P). A cute cropped denim jacket kept me warm.


   Of course, when I go to work, I can't just come in with the clothes on my back! Every girl needs her purse throughout the day, and my current purse happens to be my favorite color. ;) In addition to a purse, I also bring a lunch bag with me so I eat my lunch and afternoon snacks at my desk. This new one Mom found for me includes a teal hue that goes well with my purse!


   Do you have a favorite bygone fashion era to go to for inspiration? If so, how do you like to emulate that era? To see some 1960's styles, check out my pinboard here. :)


Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen.
Romans 16:25-27

Comments

  1. Hello, well you put together another cute fashion! Love how the stripes accent your style. Adding the jean jacket makes it look casual. I like your accent teal head scarf looks bright and cheery! I spotted your dangled earnings nice touch;) by chance is your lunch bag a Pioneer Woman?mine is pretty close to that except I have red handles. I find the 60's , 70's and 80's styles in my best picks for feminine styles for me. Hope you enjoy this Labor Day extended weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Stephanie! Yes, it is a Pioneer Woman. How fun that we almost have the same lunch bag! :D Ooh, neat. It's always good to find feminine inspiration. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your outfit, Paige.... As well as your lunch box! I have two Pioneer Woman lunchboxes. One is the same quilted style as yours but in lavender shades and the other is red roses. I take one to work every day....don't ya just love pretty things? 😊 I hope you have a nice weekend.
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh! Oh, how fun! :D Yes, it's so great to have beautiful things to brighten up our days. I did have a good weekend and hope you did as well!

      Delete
  3. This outfit is soooooooooooooo cute!!! I loved the way you mixed 60's fashion (which was an awesome Era for fashion) and had made it a little modern and all your own! So awesome!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit, Paige! Although, I don't think I have yet seen an outfit of yours that I didn't love.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink