Outfit || Classic in Stripes


  Hi all! I'm back after a bit of a break aren't I? Life has been really full lately, so blogging was just not happening last week. Actually, I will continue to be quite busy for the next few weeks, so Sunday Best might show up a bit sporadically on your blogosphere radar. All the same, I am thinking of you and also planning a special surprise for you which will occur at the beginning of next month! :)


   Stripes again - what a surprise. ;) This top is another consignment store treasure featuring my favorite pattern. Today, I paired it with a black skirt for a classic work ensemble. Ankle boots and socks kept me warm, as this week hasn't been particularly summery. I completed the the look with a pair of silver earrings which have become a favorite way to add sparkle to an outfit.


  You may have noticed that my last two posts have featured earrings prominently. I guess I'm excited to be wearing them because it's only since my birthday last December that my ears have been pierced! For six months I kept in the original piercing studs before finally being able to wear some different pairs.  Dangle earrings are my favorite, but I only own two pairs so far. It seems that earrings are easier to wear than necklaces, as they don't get in the way of necklines. What do you ladies think?

Now it's time to hear from you!
Are your ears pierced? If so, how old were you when you had it done? 
Has this season been busy or slow for you? 


Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
Let the sea roar, and all it contains; 

Let the field exult, and all that is in it.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy 

Before the Lord, for He is coming,
For He is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
And the peoples in His faithfulness.

Psalm 96:11-13 

Comments

  1. Love this outfit, Paige!! It's definitely something I'd love wearing! In fact I'm wearing a somewhat similar outfit right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! Ooh, great minds think alike, eh? ;)

      Delete
  2. That's an awesome outfit, Paige! Love your boots! <3 I had my ears pierced when I was very little, but after a while I stopped wearing earrings, so my ears grew back together again (Oh dear. That just sounds weird XD). But maybe I'll get them pierced again :)
    A surprise??? Ooh, can we have a hint? Or is it strictly secret? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! :) Haha, I knew what you meant about your ears!
      Hehe, well it has something to do with giving something away. ;)

      Delete
  3. Another good find at the consignment store! You look lovely in stripes:) like your ankle boots and cozy socks. Earings are very stylish and fun accessory to complete a fashion. I was 24 when my ears were pierced and always wear earnings to match my outfits, it is a lot of fun finding the right pair! Life is busy for me too! Starting a new preschool year getting my lesson plans and materials set. Looking forward to meeting my new students:) I will miss your sweet posts but I am excited for Septembers surprise! Take care, your friend, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! I do love my stirpes. ;) Yes, it's so fun matching earrings to outfits; I'm hoping to get more soon!
      Well that definitely sounds exciting! Hope all goes well with the new school year. :)

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit! I had my ears pierced when I was 13 and I too love dangle earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this! The top especially. I had my ears pierced at 14; I went with my best friend. And earrings have, for quite a while now, been my favorite way to add a little fun to my outfits.

    Also, I'm curious. Is it enjoyable or annoying to have someone go back and comment on all the posts they're catching up on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :) Oh, how fun!
      Hehe, I think it's enjoyable! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink