Photography & Misc || On Adulthood


  If you're expecting something deep from this blog post, think again! This evening, it's time for some lighthearted weekend fun. I hope you enjoy a bit of humor as well as some photos I took a few weekends ago. :)




  Now, I sometimes still feel like a 12-year-old in this great big world (let's be honest, I can act like a child too), but there are also moments when I realize "Yup, I'm an adult now." Can any other 20-somethings relate? Here are a few signs that you've finally turned the corner...














You have the realization that staying home sick from work means you don't have to get gas in your car as soon as you thought.

You've started the lifelong habit of telling teenagers "When I was your age I didn't have ___"

All you want for your birthday is extra sleep.

When you watch movies with teenage romance all you can say is "You're still in highschool!" (Not bashing anyone that married their highschool sweetheart - sometimes it works out quite well. ;)).

You regret how late you've decided to stay up before even going to bed. 

Houseplants have somehow become intriguing.

You experienced a moment in time when jumping on a trampoline could be described as "painful" rather than "fun".

You've gone from being a modest young employee to discussing tasks with your co-workers while giving them a front-row seat to your potato-chip crunching. 

Having perfect hair and makeup has taken a backseat to eating a full breakfast. Everyone knows what you look like already, right?

Sticky notes and notepads must become your friends, or you're never going to remember to do anything.


What would you add to this list?




Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser,
Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning. 

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Proverbs 9:9-10


Comments

  1. Oh, thoroughly enjoyed this, my friend! I can totally relate... By the way, your photographs are breathtaking! Wow, I I would love one or two of these framed! Have a blessed Sunday!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, thanks! Aw, thanks so much. It is a pleasure to share images of my home. <3 Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  2. This was a fun post! Yes, house plants are so fun! I don't think my husband understands my fascination with them, or how they can make me so excited sometimes. And notepads and calendars are my new best friends. :) And seeing how short a time I can take to get ready for work so I can get a little extra sleep. :) Very cool pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! Haha, that's great! It's interesting how things change isn't it? :)

      Delete
  3. Well you sure captured awesome scenic ocean views! Love when you share your photography;) always gifts from God to us shared through a good eye;) I like your thoughts and agree there are moments in our life when we realize we are grown up. I found staying home with family enjoying a home cooked meal and staying in on a Saturday night in PJ 's snuggled up in bed reading a good book;) Glad to hear from you. Have a great rest of your week;) Your friend, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, you are so sweet! That sounds wonderful! ^_^ Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  4. haha this was spot on from my experience with older siblings, and getting older myself. alllll the sleep. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, awesome! I guess our love for sleep increases with age. Which can be a problem if you're a night owl and would rather sleep in the morning!

      Delete
  5. Heya, Paige! :D
    Loved your photography! Beautiful!!! <3
    And LOL I loved your new adult observations XD I've recently become of the "adult age" and I have the same feelings!!!! XD
    Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks so much! :)
      Haha, it's funny how things change isn't it? Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete
  6. I know I've been gone too long because I came back to a totally new looking blog! (I love it, by the way) Also, this post had me cracking up! :D The transition into adulthood has been an experience for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Thanks so much. Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed the post; It is definitely an experience!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink