New Dress and Chambray Experimentation

  This week, I went on a trip with my parents and best friend to a town that is artistic, touristy, and a home to fun shops and consignment stores. Of course, that means that we went shopping! One of my purchases was a brand new floral print summer dress (Yes, I do buy new clothing now and then, but it was on a superb sale of about $15. Also, the state we were in has no sales tax :D.)! The color scheme of the dress will make a great transition into autumn, and I think it will look cute with tights and boots. You will have to stay tuned to see what I do with it next. ;)

        


  Today I wore the dress layered with a t-shirt and leggings, since it doesn't quite meet my modesty standards on its own. Later, I decided to put a chambray shirt over it to wear outside. The chambray shirt is also new, and this was actually the first time I wore it. My mom got it at Kohl's on sale, and we are now sharing it. Having seen similar shirts tied in the front, I wanted to give the look a spin. Although it adds warmth, it's in keeping with the casual, summery effect. I'm quite pleased with the outfit, and look forward to wearing it again!
 
  In closing, I leave you with this scriptural reminder of what beauty is really about:
"likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works." ~ 1 Timothy 2:9-10, ESV

Comments

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink