Of Scarves

  Scarves are one of my fashion weaknesses. I have a wide collection of them in varying materials, lengths, widths, and colors. Adding a scarf to an outfit can completely tie it together (pardon the pun). Colorful scarves brighten up a monochromatic look. Silky ones make a posh addition. Knits are cozy for the winter. Lacy scarves lend a feminine touch. The versatility of scarves is part of what makes them fun to wear.
  Following are my first attempts at tutorials! They are quite simple, so I hope they make sense. :)


My version of folding a square scarf:

1) This is the scarf laid out flat. The dollar bill is for scale.
2) I begin by folding it in half diagonally.
3) Next, I fold it in half lengthwise.
4) Then, I fold it in half again.
5) I flipped it over so that there are no edges showing.

Wearing the Square Scarf:


1) I first knot the scarf like I would if I were beginning to tie a shoe. Double-knotting will probably work best with slippery material such as this.
2) I turn it so that the knot is in the back and bring the ends around to the front.
3) Then, I double-knot the loose ends.
4) Lastly, I tuck the knot and loose ends
 
  Usually when I wear this square scarf I just double-knot it. Because of the stripes, it reminds me of Audrey Hepburn's scarf in Roman Holiday!
 
 
 
  My other favorite scarf (as seen on my essentials post) is long and of medium width, though it seems to be permanently folded into skinniness. :) I normally wear it wrapped around once.
 
 
Another way to wear a long scarf is to knot the ends together.
 
 
 Well, that's enough of scarves for one post! :) Have a wonderful evening (or morning, or afternoon, or night, depending on when you read this)!
 
"O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth." ~Psalm 96:9
 

Comments

  1. Nice! I'm a sucker for tutorials and this one was really well done. :D Good job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this! I've needed some ways to tie my scarves and this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roman Holiday is such a sad movie :( but this blog post is not :) Thanks for the pointers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are both welcome! :)
    Swanwhite...yes, it is one of those movies that is happy and sad at the same time. :\

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog when I saw that you followed my own. :) Thank you for following! I've only read four or so posts of yours so far, but I've enjoyed it very much! :) I've been trying to find a few different ways to wear scarves for this Fall so this came in handy!
    Www.Modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome for following and for the scarf tips! Thanks for following me. :) It's been fun to find others that I relate to on the "blogosphere". :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink