How do you do, ladies? I'm having a fairly low-key day in the midst of a busy week. And that means I have time for an awkward and awesome post! Yay! I hope that you enjoy these little moments from my week, as well as an outfit that I wore last Saturday. :)
* Becoming an adult. It's a good thing, but sort of stressful. Anyone with me? ;)
* Looking at the clock this morning thinking I would stay in bed for ten more minutes, then waking up nearly half an hour later. Oops.
* Still having a mark from scraping and bruising my leg on a shin-high fence post (that's what I get for not looking where I'm going) two and half weeks ago.
* Going through a pile of papers thinking that something is not there, only to find it on the bottom of the stack when I go through it again. How did you get there?
* Dreaming about food for the past few nights in a row...
* Learning a good deal about Bible history, Christian living, and doctrine in various ways over the past few weeks.
* Planning to be a counselor at a Christian camp for one week this summer. I admit to being nervous (I've never even attended a camp before), but I know it will be an awesome experience!
* Finishing an illustration project for a friend.
* Getting much better at doing my workout.
* Knowing that there is an exciting new horizon ahead of me, and though I have no idea what the future brings, the one true Lord who loves me has a plan! :D
If anyone thinks that dresses are only uncomfortable, they just haven't worn the right ones yet! This blue knit dress that Mom handed down to is just one example of that. It was comfortable to wear for a day of cleaning the house, then hosting my Grandma for supper. I layered a purple camisole under it, which gave it a pop of color. A cardigan added extra modesty and warmth while brown leggings also helped with the latter. A cameo necklace made the outfit more stylish, and made me feel like I was hearkening back to the early 1900's. :)
By the way, you get to see my silly side in a couple of these photos. Mom and I had to do two re-shoots due to lighting and wardrobe difficulties, so I was getting tired and sort of goofy. In reality, I'm not always modeling "just so". ;) Much of the time I just look like this:
Have you ever been a camp counselor? Have you ever been a camper?
What do you think about cameos? Do you have any?
"But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; "
~1 Peter 2:9