Vacation Style


 Hi all! Quite a long time has passed since I last wrote a post. I have a good excuse though; I was on vacation! Last week, my parents and I spent four nights out of town, staying next door to some friends in their guest house in a little town in the woods. Let me share with you a few outfits from my June getaway. :)


   This was the outfit that I wore on the first day of our trip. Because the weather was going to be warm, I wanted to wear as skirt that didn't need leggings. My new pleated khaki skirt did the trick. A striped t-shirt and new striped shoes gave the outfit a cuteness factor, while keeping me in cool clothes that did not require layering.


   On the third day of our vacation we went on a beautiful hike to a lake. Because we were hiking, I wore pants. The pair I have on actually are borrowed from Mom! The legs are rolled up partly because they are too long, and partly to give them a more chic look. A graphic tee and silver necklace made the outfit a little more stylish. My brown Converse are there because they were the only shoes I packed for hiking in. ;)


   I spent the fourth day of being out of town relaxing. It felt good to just sit by the creek and read for a while, not having anything pressing that I must do. I wore my new turquoise t-shirt, the khaki skirt, and gold punch-work sandals. An aqua scarf in my hair gave me an extra touch of style, and made me feel just a bit 1960's. 



   I must admit that I got a bit shutter happy on our trip. What can I say? Throw a girl and her little red DSLR into a beautiful wilderness area, and you get a lot of photos! 
   It was relaxing to have a few days of escape in the great outdoors. After coming home, we literally went immediately back to our busy lives. Though the thought of putting together this blog post was a little overwhelming at first, now that I'm to the end of it I feel back in the swing of things! 
  So, tell me, how was your past week? I love to hear from my blogging friends, and enjoy it when a reader drops me a line. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water 
springing up into everlasting life."
~John 4:14

Comments

  1. I love the scenery in the last photo! Beautiful! Also, your outfit with the turquoise shirt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much on both counts Bethany :)

      Delete
  2. Nice outfits :D I'm still loving the new canvas shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! What a great time!

    I especially like your first outfit and your yellow sandles from day four!

    We had a great week! It seemed to fly by without our knowing it!
    Bek and I are busy getting ready for our Mission Trip to Lithuania- we leave this Friday!!!

    Cassie
    Calico Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good time! :) Thank you!
      Hope your missions trip is amazing. :D

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!
    I think the striped shirt and skirt are my favorite!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink