On Being a Bridesmaid


    Greetings all! I'm back from my brief hiatus to share photos of what happened while I was away this weekend! The wedding I have been looking forward to being a bridesmaid in finally occurred this past Saturday. My mom took a few behind-the-scenes photos before the ceremony, so scroll down to see a bit of this exciting day.


Here I am while my Mom is getting my hair ready to curl. Do you think I should have left it like this?


Here are two bridesmaid dresses (mine is on the left) and the flower-girl's dress.


  Now I'm all dolled up and ready for the bridal party photos! Isn't the bouquet lovely against the blue of the the dress? The bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres and jewelry were all designed by the bride; They were made by her, myself, and my mom.  


  My dress is the Sarina style from a site called Stage Accents. My friend the bride had been in a choir that used dresses from the site. As it turned out, this style from the company made a good bridesmaid dress! The dresses come in an extremely long length so they can be hemmed for the heights and purposes of whoever is wearing them. In addition to being hemmed, mine also needed to be brought up a bit in the shoulders so that it would fit me. 
  After finishing the portraits, and some time of waiting, the moment finally arrived for the beautiful bride to walk down the aisle and be joined to her intended. What a blessing it was to be watching the ceremony from this completely new view! I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous standing there though...;) 

*                    *                    *
   
I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my experience of being a bridesmaid for the first time! 
May the rest of your week be blessed, productive, and peaceful. :)


A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13:34-35

   

  


Comments

  1. You look lovely, Paige! Thanks for sharing the photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany! You are most welcome. :)

      Delete
  2. You look beautiful! I've always wanted to be a bridesmaid! It seems so exciting :D

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Ooh, hopefully you shall someday.

      Delete
  3. Those are gorgeous dresses and I agree the bouquets are exquisite against the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Paige! You were such a beautiful bridesmaid! I just love the colour of your dress and how you decided to do your hair:). Thank you for sharing this lovely experience with us all!
    I was blessed to attend a wedding in January where I assited with the photography - I also stood up in the front and felt pretty nervous!! But it was truly a beautiful thing to watch...
    Hope you've been having a very blessed week!
    Many hugs and much love to you!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you muchly! I'm glad you enjoyed the share. :D
      Oh, how fun! Yes, it's exciting to get the new perspective. :)
      You have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love the hairstyle you did for the wedding, Paige! :) :) Also love the dress! And the shoes .. ;) You will have to post more pictures from the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much for your sweet words Rosalyn!

      Delete
  6. You look so pretty! Those dresses are lovely and make great bridesmaid dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yes, they worked out well.

      Delete
  7. You are definitely a beautiful bridesmaid!! It's so exciting to be in a wedding! I've been a bridesmaid twice and wore blue both times..and was never any less nervous. I really like your necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Jill! :)
      Ooh, fun! I'm guessing at your own wedding you were more excited than nervous? ;)

      Delete
  8. What fun to be a bridesmaid! I hope one day to be someone's. :)
    Just a thought: Have you ever thought about wearing contacts? It's a personal preference but I feel like might like them.
    @ndr@ K.
    www.andrasfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hope you get the chance! :)
      Well, I my eyes don't close all the way and tend to be allergic, so those aren't ideal conditions for contacts. My Mom is the same way and she wore contacts for many year; After going to her current optometrist (now mine as well), the doctor told her she wasn't a good candidate for contacts for these reasons.

      Delete
    2. Yeah...so for now I'm a four-eyes. It's alright though, I'm glad to find cute ones like these!

      Delete
  9. It looks like you had so much fun being a bridesmaid! I loved being the maid of honor in my sister's wedding! It was the first{and so far} only time I've been in a wedding! Enjoyed the post! You make a lovely bridesmaid too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a fun honor for you. :) Thank you Sarah! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink