Outfit || Awesome 80's


   Hi all! It's been a couple of weeks, hasn't it? I hope that you have been enjoying a lovely October. I don't know about you, but I seem to know of quite a few birthdays in this part of the month! Last night I dressed up in some eighties duds to help a friend celebrate her 30th birthday...retro-style!


  
   Now, how does a millennial girl go about putting together a totally 80's ensemble? Well, having a mom who was in high school during the opulent decade gave me a special insider's perspective. Mom began by suggesting that I wear my pink plaid shirt, which was reminiscent of the era's vivid style. This top paired well with black skinny pants, which I tucked into my ankle boots. Striped legwarmers added a decidedly retro flair.



   As all costume party fans know, hair and makeup really make the look. I wore plenty of eyeliner with sparkly blue shadow, pink lipstick, and over-the-top blush! A high side-pony and fluffy bangs gave me the bold, lighthearted look I needed.


   Mom's outfit was an excellent reflection of the yesteryear. She opted for the oversized sweater look. Her top was paired with the popular light-wash jeans and kooky legwarmers. Plenty of jewelry hearkened back to the glam look of the day. Bigger was better for 80's hair, and Mom gave herself a retro blow-out. Now we both were ready for a night of friends, bowling and shaved ice! 

*                                            *                                            *

  Now for a quick life update! Boredom is a foreign concept to me these days (except during evenings of being too tired to do much ;)), as there is always something to be done. There have been social events, interesting days at work, and dental visits to continue my root canal treatment. I also have had great fun participating in the tea cup exchange and look forward to sharing about this with you at a later date!

What's new in your life?
Have you ever been to a 1980's dress-up party?


Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good,
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,
Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the adversary
Psalm 107:1-2

Comments

  1. How exciting, 80's party! Yes, you both definitely look like your having fun dressing up for the occasion;) I love how you can share time together with friends. Looking forward to hearing more about your tea cup exchange. Enjoy the Autumn season with beautiful colors and crisp weather;) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was fun! :) Thank you. It has been lovely to see the changing colors and enjoy hot cups of tea. I hope you are enjoying your season as well Stephanie!

      Delete
  2. How fun! :) I've never been brave enough to dress outside of my comfortable jeans and t-shirt :P

    Funny that you should mention October birthdays...because today is mine :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Haha - it's definitely easier if there are others to look ridiculous along with you. ;)
      Well, now I'm a bit late, but happy birthday! :D I hope you had a fabulous day!

      Delete
  3. How fun Paige! You and your mom have spunk. Hope your continue to have a memorable October. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Heehee, yes we do. ;) Thank you, I hope you do as well! Have a lovely weekend. ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink