Vintage & Thoughts || Bridal Gown / Beloved by Christ


   Well ladies, I have a special treat for you today! No, I'm not getting married or taking my final vows to become a nun...;). Instead, I had the privilege of modeling a beautiful vintage bridal gown. Some time ago, friends of mine came across this dress and thought of me and my blog. They were sweet enough to pass it along to me, and after a shamefully long wait, I am sharing the lovely gown with you!





This box has been the gown's home for a while. Check out the vintage typography!
   Judging from the style, I would say that this gown is from the 1950's or 60's. It is a work of feminine beauty that doesn't scrimp on details - lace, beads, rosettes, and delicate buttons are all featured. The ladylike fashion of the yesteryear definitely has a place of honor in my heart. Thus dressed, the original owner of the gown must have felt quite the princess on her special day. Sadly, the dress is a tad too big for me, so safety pins gave it a more tailored fit for the photo shoot. :)


I had to make this look like a legit vintage photo - I had to. ;)
Retro style hair and makeup contributed to the 1950's feeling. 
*                        *                        *
    When you go to a wedding, what do you see? First, you see an expectant groom, eager to be joined with his beautiful beloved. Finally, the moment comes and a bride dressed in pure white comes onto the scene, filled with joy. When the bride and groom come together, they can't keep their eyes off of each other. Now they are united on a new journey, not to be separated. Did you know that this earthly marriage is a picture of Christ and His beloved church?

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church, because we are members of His body.
Ephesians 5:25-30

  While even the best earthly grooms will fail their wives at some point, Christ will never fail His bride. He cherishes the church and has given her His own righteousness, making her pure. If we have trusted in Him for salvation, we are part of His church and can look forward to being joined with Him someday. Death will not part us from Him - He has conquered death! Though currently flawed, someday we will be able to perfectly worship and love our Lord when we join Him forever. May we praise Him for this truth and look forward to eternity with Him!

Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
Revelation 19:7-8 


Comments

  1. How perfectly lovely!!! You know, you should really think about actually using this dress someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely beautiful!:) the Scripture verses are beautiful as well and quite fitting :)
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 I'm glad you enjoyed the scripture compilation.

      Delete
  3. You need to wear this dress on your wedding day! It looks so good on you! Sure a few alterations will be needed to make it fit you better but they'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely see about getting this professionally altered for your real wedding someday, it's perfect for you! and actually vintage! :O I really like the box it came in, and the "A thing of beauty is a joy forever" quote! It's so pretty on you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks muchly! <3 Yeah, isn't that so old-fashioned-ly charming?

      Delete
  5. What a lovely lovely gown! One of my dreams is to wear my mother's wedding gown when I get married. There is something so exquisite about vintage wedding gowns.

    And can I say that this dress looks like it was made for you to wear? You look absolutely stunning in it!

    Dani xoxo
    a vapor in the wind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dani! Oh, that would be lovely and I'm sure your mother would be so honored.
      Thank you for your sweet words. ^_^

      Delete
  6. My such an astonishing, delicate, dainty, wedding gown! I love all the details of lace, beads, rosettes and special buttons on the sleeves. You are the perfect model for this vintage gorgeous bridal gown. You are beautiful, a sense of innocence and pure happiness gleams on your face. The gown looks like it was made for you. I like how you put the scriptures together for a full meaning tied in with our heavenly Father. Thanks for sharing:) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That so much for your sweet comment, Stephanie. You are always so encouraging and kind! I'm glad you enjoyed the gown and the scripture. ^_^

      Delete
  7. Paige this dress is gorgeous! I've seen some pretty yucky, dated dresses but this one has that beautiful vintage shape and fabric that makes it so elegant! If you ever come down here to Chattanooga I'd love to help you alter it! :D
    I love the beautiful picture God gives us in a wedding of His second coming. Of taking us to be His bride forever! Someone once told me: The Bible is the only book where the Author is in love with the reader and I just love that picture! With His second coming, the wedding, being the final chapter. :)

    @ndr@ K.
    www.andrasfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though? :D And may I say, you would certainly be the girl to know. Aw, that would be so fun!
      What a lovely picture indeed. <3 Looking forward to that day!

      Delete
  8. You do look lovely, Paige! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos! <3

      Delete
  9. Paige, I would like to send you a sincere and respectful compliment: you look absolutely beautiful! I'm really impressed. May you find the one and only one day who will be your husband for the rest of your life, and look as enchanting on your wedding day as you look in these pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sincere compliment! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink