Outfit || Black & White & Red


   Good day, dear readers! How has your January been thus far? Mine has been cold and warm and windy and rainy and sunny - of course, this is fairly typical for my corner of the world. ;) Life is much the same way, never dull and always changing. There has been time for fun and photography and chocolate ice cream though! Now and then, I even have the energy to create a new outfit, which is just what I'm sharing with you today!





   Last Sunday I decided to restyle my Christmas party sweater-dress in a slightly more casual way for church. I paired it with a dark brown blazer that was just right for a winter Sunday best ensemble. Fleece-lined leggings added warmth and modesty for the shorter length of the dress. Boot socks in coordinating colors peeked out from my beloved ankle boots. Finally, a side-swept updo kept the look classy and streamlined.

  In closing, I would like to share a larger section of scripture than I usually do. Psalm 116 has recently become one of my favorite places in the Word. When you get a chance, I recommend reading the full Psalm!

*               *                *

Psalm 116 1-9

I love the Lord, because He hears
My voice and my supplications.
Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live.
The cords of death encompassed me
And the terrors of Sheol came upon me;
I found distress and sorrow.
Then I called upon the name of the Lord:
“O Lord, I beseech You, save my life!”

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
Yes, our God is compassionate.
The Lord preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
For You have rescued my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
My feet from stumbling.
I shall walk before the Lord
In the land of the living.
 

Comments

  1. My dear Paige, what a delightful outfit! I just love how you styled the dress and oh, that jacket is just too cute!

    Happy weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie! <3 Hope you're having a fabulous week!

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love the dress! :D

    Also, that Psalm is absolutely wonderful :D Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! I'm so glad that I decided to buy it. :D
      Glad you were encouraged. ^_^

      Delete
  3. I do like your dark brown blazer with the burgundy buttons that match your fleece leggings along with the boot socks bringing all your colors together very nicely. Your side- swept hair style really looks feminine and stylish. Psalm 116 is reassuring of God's unconditional love for us. Hope you have a relaxing weekend with your family and friends;) Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words! <3 I thought it was so fun how the buttons and the leggings matched! :D I hoe you are enjoying your week.

      Delete
  4. You look lovely Paige. I'm glad that life is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlyn. ^_^ I hope your year is off to a good start!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink