Outfit & Thoughts || Burgundy Top // When Jesus Doesn't Fix It


   Hello all! It's about time for an outfit post, isn't it? A couple of weeks ago I had an impromptu shopping session and found a few new things, two of which I'm sharing today. In addition to a new look I would like to share a few thoughts with you about a subject that's been on my mind lately.



   Today I wore an outfit to work that included a new tunic top and dress pants. My boots are also a fairly new find; They were just waiting for a riding-boot fan like myself to find them at a local consignment store! One thing I like about this ensemble is the new neckline style that adds a fashionable touch to a comfy t-shirt. Indeed, this entire outfit was comfortable and easy to move in.

*                            *                             *

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.
I Peter 1:3-9

This passage of scripture is filled with the joy and hope. It's one that I have often read, and it came up again in yesterday's Sunday morning sermon. Though this applies to many aspects of life, I'd like to apply it in the context of anxiety, depression, and other forms of mental suffering. Just like physical diseases, these things can be anywhere from uncomfortable to totally debilitating. And just like physical suffering, the sufferers cannot just "snap out of it". The renewed mind struggles against the diseased flesh. Even more discouraging, Jesus doesn't always fix it. 

Though God can and sometimes will heal us in the here and now, that is not always His purpose. Often, this is extremely frustrating and even angering. However, where there is discouragement in the Christian's life there is also hope. As with any kind of trial, our faith is refined through our mental pain. We can also look forward to the day when our bodies, including our troublesome brains, will be new and untouched by the Fall. Life is never going to be completely beautiful and easy on this earth, but that isn't the promise of salvation. May we live joyfully for Him here while still longing to painlessly glorify Him for eternity.


Comments

  1. Dear Paige. . .
    Oh, how I needed to read this passage of Scripture and your words of encouragement this Autumn morning. I have been so encouraged. At the moment I am walking through a few difficult trials and I find it all too easy to become down and discouraged. How true that we have hope in Christ Jesus! So grateful for the sweet reminder today!

    I love your burgundy top - what an unusual style! I love coming for some style inspiration. . .

    Hugs to you, friend! I pray you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that the Lord worked it out for this post to encourage you. May you find rest and peace this weekend. <3
      Thank you! It's always fun to find something different to mix up my wardrobe!
      Hugs back to you! ^_^

      Delete
  2. My dear Paige, what a lovely post both in your photos and in your sweet thoughts. Thank you for blessing my afternoon.

    And may I just say that you look splendid! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! <3 I'm happy to be a tool used by God to bless others. :)
      Aw, thanks! ;)

      Delete
  3. Hello, you do look very stylish and comfortable in you new tunic. I like the neck line too;) the riding boots look good & complete your outfit. Thank you for the scripture, it is true life here on earth has good & bad we just have to trust that God will bring us to him and know all will be perfect when we meet him. Thank you for encouragement. Have a good rest of your week;) your friend, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my friend! :) Yes, this is so true. I hope you're enjoy a lovely, relaxing weekend! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink