Teal Sweater

  So much for getting two posts out this week! I have been terribly busy with other projects, such as getting things ready to send to the lady I illustrate for, and preparing b-day gifts for three of my friends. I'm here now though! :)
  Today's outfit is centered around a new item of clothing. The friends who are always finding fun stuff for me and my mom are responsible for my now having this beautiful teal cashmere turtleneck! Not only is it in my favorite color family, but it is also one of the softest things I've felt. If anyone reading this thinks that they can't find "nice" things second-hand, they should think again.
 

   I decided to style my sweater in a 60's mod style. Back in the day, there were people that made up a subculture called "modernists" because they listened to modern jazz (see Wikipedia). The mod lifestyle isn't something I would ever want to emulate, but the word "mod" also came to define a certain style of the 1960's and 70's. For lack of a better word, that is what I use. :) Popular in this style were turtlenecks, A-line skirts, boots and black tights. I have all these components, so I put them together for a casual yet classy November outfit.



   Here, you see my practicing my snooty model pose. Haha! The sneer wasn't actually on purpose! I'm wearing my essential second-hand denim skirt, which I think will need replacement quite soon. As I said before, the turtleneck was a find that friends gave me. The boots are my expensive yet long-lasting pair that you have seen before and will continue to see until next July. ;) For an extra sparkle, I added my silver chain with two of my favorite pendants.
  Well, I am off to have dinner and go to Bible study! I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.
 
"In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." ~Psalm 62:7-8

Comments

  1. Hey... I was just thinking about you! :)
    Cute outfit! I loved reading your history behind it! Perfect for fall/winter season! Those are such nice boots! I am in 'desperate' need for some to wear with shorter skirts!
    love and blessings,
    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's fun to add little facts now and then, :)
      A good pair of boots are definitely a good investment! Real leather can be pricy, but it hold us well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink