Awkward + Awesome / New T-Shirt
Readers, I think that this is going to end up being a two post week. :) Not only was I quite busy and wanting a brief break from blogging earlier this week, but I had run out of material! I think it's time for some more photo shoots and brainstorming on my part. In any case, I'm here now to share with you this week's awkward and awesome moments and show you my latest thrift store treasure!
* Starting a workout routine yesterday and being so sore today. >.<
* Being told by my chiropractor I need a chin-up bar, and then being one of two little ladies (the other being mom) shopping around town for one.
* Having a dog that screams and cries when I go on a walk without him.
* Telling two people I had five Sunday school students when I really had four...yes, I have a high school diploma.
* Going to work to clean and getting to take care of a baby instead.
* Went to a bridal shower.
* Getting to be a chicken/dog sitter, starting tomorrow.
* Not bumping into things as much as usual!
About a week and a half ago while Mom was running errands, she dropped by a thrift store that we don't visit as frequently as some others. She came home with the skirts we wore on Mother's Day, a scarf for each of us, and this turquoise t-shirt for me. Isn't it cute?
During the summer, especially when I travel to a hotter climate, I like to wear t-shirts that don't need any layering. One layer of fabric is all I can take when the temperature gets toasty. The problem is that plain, unlayered tees can get a little boring for this girl, so I've been on the lookout for shirts with a little more pizzazzz. This turquoise top does just the trick, with its dainty stripes and buttons at the neckline. And it's my favorite color, to boot! Once again, the thrift store pulls through. ;)
In closing, I'd like to ask you ladies if you ever experience the same dilemma. Do you find that one season's clothes are more plain and boring than the rest of your wardrobe? What do you suggest to spruce up one layer summer outfits? I'd love to hear from you! :)
"Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now near. So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near."