The day has finally come! I'm publishing the 100th post of Sunday Best and All the Rest! *cue confetti* I could talk about all the hard work and dedication I put in to get to this point, but it was really more like a lot of fun and, yes, some frustration ("Why won't this picture fit!?" "I've been sitting here for ages..."). Also, I would have baked you cookies, but they are a bit difficult to share over the internet. Feel free to bake yourself some cookies courtesy of me. ;)
Instead of baked goods, I have a Q&A to share with you. Thank you to the gals who asked such intriguing questions. So, without further ado, I present to you...
The 100th Post Q&A
1) Would you ever consider coming to Australia to visit? The possibility of traveling to a different country sounds exciting, especially if I had a friend there, so sure! Australia seems like a fascinating place. If I ever visit someday, just promise to protect me from the giant spiders and deadly snakes. ;)
2) What is the best thing about living in America? That's a really good question. I would have to say our religious freedom. Sure, it is dwindling, but when compared to other nations we are blessed to have so much freedom to worship and speak about the Lord.
3) If you could change your name what would it be? I would change my first name to Olivia or Evelyn (hey, that's kind of like Evie ;).
4) Referring to my picture on Pinterest was I how you imagined? No, actually! :)
5) Darcy or Bingley? Mr. Knightley? *cough* As a character, I like Mr. Darcy best. As far as real life goes, I would rather marry a Mr. Bingley than a Mr. Darcy in real life. Smiling is more attractive to me than pouting. :)
6) Have you seen any musicals if so which ones? What ones do you want to see? Unless you count an amateur production by a Christian choir of an edited version Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, no. ;) I think I would like to see Fiddler on the Roof; it was performed in my hometown several years ago and some friends said it was great to see in person vs. the movie.
Rebekah's Questions :
1) How many siblings do you have? On this earth, I'm an only child, but I do have a sister named Ariel who died in utero before I was born.
2) What would you do if you were given $1,000,000 dollars? I would ask my parents if there was anything they wanted, give to trusted Christian missions, get some new camera gear and go traveling with parents or friends.
3) What are your ideal circumstances for life [for you]? Okay, I'm not entirely sure that I understand the question (Rebekah, if I answer out of context, feel free to correct me and I'll get back to it :) so I will answer as best I can. Right now, I am content to live in the U.S. on a moderate income with my parents, and hopefully someday with a husband. I should always hope to be serving the Lord through serving others in some way, perhaps being involved in some sort of ministry and/or having jobs or volunteering to keep me busy.
4) What was your favorite question in this post? Good question! ;) Um...probably the most interesting one to answer was the $1,000,000 dollars question.
1) Why/how did you begin blogging? Well there were two reasons. First, I really liked fashion and wanted to share my hobby with others. Secondly, I enjoyed books about style, but they lacked one thing- modesty! I realized that I could start a blog, and began Sunday Best last September as a modest alternative in the fashion world.
2) Have you ever gotten "laughed at" for dressing modestly? Not that I know of, though I think I've gotten surprised looks. :)
3) What is your favorite accessory? One of my many scarves or my silver necklace, depending on the season.
Because this is a celebration on a fashion blog, I have decided to include -what else? - an outfit! This is what I wore last Saturday when my parents and I spent our afternoon going on a little drive and walk. If you haven't followed this blog for long, you may have thought that I never wear jeans, but I actually do. Usually, I reserve them for housekeeping jobs, but this time I tried a new look by coupling my new pair with a ruffly, lacy blouse. A cardigan gave me just enough warmth on the sunny day, and my purple Converse made for cute and comfy weekend shoes. I'm pleased with the overall feminine yet laid-back look of outfit. :)
Blouse ~ Thrifted; Camisole ~ Target; Jeans ~ Thrifted; Cardigan ~ Clothing Swap;
Converse ~ Journey's
Okay, enough about me...let's hear about you! What do you like to wear on the weekends? Do you ever dress up your jeans? If you're a blogger, would you ever consider doing a Q&A post if you haven't already?
"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
I will lift up my hands in Your name."
~ Psalm 63:3-4