Sunset Adventure Outfit / Persecution

  
 
   Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to go out and do something out of the ordinary? It doesn't have to be anything too unusual, like bungee jumping or diving for oysters. It just has to be something beyond the normal obligations of life. There was an evening last week when I felt exactly this way. Dad was away at a meeting, so Mom and I headed out to the beach with my camera in tow, hoping to find adventure.
 


  Above and below are just a few of the results from our outing. I was hoping to find a lovely sunset at the beach, but as it turned out, the fog hanging over the ocean made a pretty and mysterious backdrop. The soft light reflecting off the fog at sundown also made for almost perfect lighting as well. After spending some time at the beach, we found the brilliant sunset and took some shots off the highway near our local airport. We then wrapped up our excursion by taking a few photos out in the "country".
   My outfit for the impromptu photo shoot consisted of an embroidered peach blouse, my go-to denim skirt, and tall brown boots. Now that I think of it, my outfit was probably better for the places we went than for a summery sunset on the shore.: ) At the same time, I still hope to catch a beautifully lit sky over the ocean.

Top ~Hand-me-down; Cami ~ Hand-me-down; Skirt ~ Made by Mom; Boots ~ Ross; Watch ~ Target


      In closing, I want to share a few thoughts on the persecution of Christians. Right now in the Middle East our brothers and sisters are going through great trials, even losing their lives for their faith. Those of us who don't live in countries under such oppression find it a foreign and horrifying concept that others in the body of Christ are being tortured and killed. The Bible tells us, however, that "all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." (II Timothy 3:12) and that "In the world ye shall have tribulation" (John 16:33). Some form of persecution is promised to those of us who follow Christ.
  Though it seems an awful thing, it is a tool that the Lord uses to harden His people's faith and make their witness even stronger. James says "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations [trials]; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience."(vv 1:2). The saints who suffer will also have a reward in heaven.  Luke 2:22-24b says "Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven..."
   Please remember to pray for the persecuted Christians. At the same time, pray that their suffering is not in vain. May many more come to know the One who is worth dying for. 


These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, 
I have overcome the world.
~John 16:33

Comments

  1. Enjoyed the photos! Sweet to see one of you with your mom--I enjoyed the fog!

    So sad to read about what our brothers and sisters in the Middle East are going through. They're in my prayers. Thanks for posting about persecution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the fog can get wearing after many days, but it looks so beautiful!
      I'm glad to hear that you are praying.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! And I love your glasses!

    It sickens me to hear what's going on in Iraq-I feel blessed and yet very much like a brat in some ways. I pray that should I go through persecution, I'll be able to stand strong.
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Natasha! :)
      Yes, it is sickening, but I echo what you feel and pray too!

      Delete
  3. Aw, what an adorable outfit! I love the picture with your mom... so sweet! I try to pray for our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ as outfit as I can. Sometimes I'm even scared to turn on the news to hear more about what's going on in the Middle East. Thank you for sharing this post, Paige!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! :)
      Yeah, it's hard to hear. :\ Glad to hear you're praying though.

      Delete
  4. Good for you for finding adventure and making your own adventure! Your choice is definitely a safer one than bungee jumping :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink