Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sunday Best in Hand-me-down

  
 
   Good evening, ladies! A busy week has begun again with all its flitting about and getting things accomplished. Did you have a restful Sunday? Mine was a foggy-turned-sunny day filled with going to church and attending a friend's goodbye party. Life never really stops being busy, but sometimes we need to take time out to rest, even if that means writing or reading a blog post.



   Sunday's outfit featured one of those "new to me" items of clothing. My blouse was one that Mom had just handed down to me a few days before. Not only do I like its delicate pink color, but find it delightful that the shape of its sleeves reminds me of the 1940's! The simple black skirt and patent leather heels that I wore lent to the slightly retro feel. I kept it simple, with my only accessory being a slender faux leather watch. The result was a classy and uncomplicated church outfit.

Blouse ~ Hand-me-down; Skirt ~ Thrifted; Shoes ~ Target ?; Watch ~ Target


   In my last post I made the announcement that there will be a Q&A for my 100th post. This is my the 96th, so if you want to ask me a question, don't hesitate to get in on the action now. Read the details here: The Return of Awkward+Awesome/ Shirt Dress!/ Announcement .

What do you like to do when you get a moment to rest from the stresses and busyness of life?

"Blessed are the pure in heart,
    For they shall see God."
~Matthew 5:8


17 comments:

  1. Lovely and very classic outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite outfits so far! Everything about it is so simple and classy! I haven't had much time to think of any questions yet but will submit some soon!
    ~Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebekah! :D
      I look forward to your questions!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. XD I've updated my blog buttons if you want to collect the s&s one :)

      Delete
  4. I love your blog Paige! You are always so pretty and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog i found you thrue other bloggers..will visit often...blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness....those shoes are SOOOO cute! I love them! Beautiful top...and that skirt is the perfect length! Loved this outfit, Paige!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! :D Yes, the length of this skirt is great!

      Delete

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. Thank you!