The Return of Awkward+ Awesome/ Shirt Dress! / Announcement


  I must confess that though it is the weekend, this post was originally started on Monday. Yes, I've had a rather busy week, mainly centered on Vacation Bible School! Now, however, I'm enjoying a restful Saturday of blogging, Netflix, Pinterest, and hopefully, a walk. On to the Awk and Awes!


VBS Snacks
Awkward:
* (More unpleasant than awkward) Getting bitten by mosquitoes on my front lawn.
* Talking to friends and gesturing with my hand while holding a cup of juice. Needless to say, the juice ended up on the floor.
* Having the memory of a goldfish sometimes.
* Stepping on my dog. Jumping onto my bed and kicking the dog, who had made himself a nest in the covers. Poor creature. :P
* Getting the addresses of the girls I counseled for, but forgetting to get their last names. Still works!

Awesome:
* Teaching and helping out at our church's Vacation Bible School! 
* Attending a sweet wedding last weekend.
* Having a girl's day out with three lovely ladies.
* Laughing with friends and family and a silly little dog (okay, maybe laughing at the dog) at various points throughout the week.
* Drinking hot chocolate my Dad brought me from a drive thru this morning. That's always a high point in the day for me.



   On our trip in June, I bought this shirt dress dress for about two dollars on Clearance at Old Navy. Last weekend, I wore it to an outdoor wedding. Mom let me borrow her tangerine colored scarf to wear as a belt, jazzing up the outfit a little bit. Flat, striped shoes were my soles of choice, as the wedding invitation advised against heels. The fanciest part of this outfit was my hair, inspired by a Pinterest updo. It is basically the French braided side bun I like so well, with the addition of a small braid going across the back of my head. A fabric flower pin completed the look, as well as hiding ends of my braid!

Dress ~ Old Navy; Scarf ~Borrowed from Mom; Shoes ~ Big K; Hair Flower ~ Made by Mom

  Now for my announcement! In five posts, I will have reached my 100th post! Woohoo! To celebrate, I would like to do something that Calico Sisters and Living and Dressing for My Savoir did for their 100th posts. I would like to do a Q&A with my readers, which I will post in a celebratory post. You can ask me about my favorite color, book of the Bible, movie recommendations, what tricks I taught my dog, or ask me to do a hair tutorial...be creative. :) My only requests are that 1) all questions are appropriate - I withhold the right not to include questions which I don't feel need to be here and that 2) you don't ask anything too personal, such as the city I live in or who the last person that annoyed me was. :P I look forward to getting to know each other better! :) I am opening the blog to questions starting with this post and continuing for the next four posts.

May the Lord bless your Sunday and draw you closer to Himself!

" Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded."
~James 4:8




Comments

  1. Love the hairstyle...the flower adds just the right touch of flavor!

    Congrats on nearly 100 posts! I'm looking forward to the remaining 5 posts to reach your goal! Will have to start thinking of questions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bethany. :) In the past couple of years I've really been learning how fun hair accessories are.
      Hee hee, I look forward to it!

      Delete
  2. Great Post!, Like Bethany said I have to start thinking of questions now.. hmmmm hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evie! :D I eagerly await your questions.

      Delete
    2. XD Ok ummmmm questions? erm..
      1) Would you ever consider coming to Australia to visit?
      2) What is the best thing about living in America?
      3) If you could change your name what would it be?
      4) Referinng to my picture on Pintrest was I how you imagined?
      5) Darcy or Bingley?
      6) Have you seen any musicals if so which ones? What ones do you want to see?
      XD

      Delete
  3. Love your dress! I actually saw a girl wearing a similar dress while I was at work today and was thinking how I might like to try that style. I'll have to think of some questions....and I totally just realized I didn't include any of my own in my recent Liebster post...oops!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's neat; it's a classy yet simple style. :)
      Ooops, haha!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your "soon to be" 100th post! That is so wonderful, and I am so excited to see how far you have gotten with your wonderful blog. I know that God is working through even this small thing, and I have definitely enjoyed reading and getting to know you...even if it's only been virtually! Beautiful dress...I think it's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I really appreciate your sweet, kind encouragement. :) It's been fun getting to know you too.
      Glad you like the dress too. ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh, I've updated the buttons btw :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink