How to Wear a Military Jacket and Still Look Feminine!

  Through the years, my style has gone through many transitions as I've matured and my tastes have changed. Nonetheless, some things have remained part of my style for several years. Tailored, clean-lined garments have had an appeal to me for quite a while. This is probably why I am often drawn to military inspired and utilitarian clothing.
  No, that doesn't mean that I'm particularly into jumpsuits or camouflage pants. ;) My preferences encompass shirt dresses and military inspired outerwear. Today, I will showcase a military inspired jacket that I found at a thrift store about three years ago. Its subtle floral camo pattern and tie about the waist make it clear that it is a woman's jacket, but it still has a tough feel to it. Since I like to look like a girl, I make sure to add at least one feminine touch when I wear it.

 
 
  On Thursday, I wore the jacket with a bright t-shirt, dark jeans, and purple Converse. To top it all off, I put on an infinity scarf with lace edging that I crocheted. The outfit was perfect for grocery shopping and taking the dog for an autumn walk. Oddly enough, Copper's leash matched what I was wearing (I tried to get him to look at the camera, but he was too distracted by scents).

 
  Yesterday, I put my jacket over a stenciled t-shirt and plaid dress. I accessorized with my leather "Jesus is the Way" bracelet. With my polka dot purse and purple sneakers on I was all ready to head off to Bible study! Yes, I am modeling in the kitchen. :)
 

 
 
  Just for fun, I've thrown in a picture of the costume I wore two years ago for my best friend's superhero themed birthday party. I went as Peggy Carter from Captain America. The military jacket was quite helpful in achieving the WWII military look. By the way, I didn't blur my face out because I'm hiding from the law. ;) I'm just not comfortable posting my face on a public blog at this point.
 
I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far! I'm enjoying having a restful, "lazy" day. :) Lately, I've been reading a good deal in Romans, so here's a Romans treasure for you:
 
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." ~Romans 3:23-24 <3
 

Comments

  1. Lookin good, lady! i think we both love military stuff :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink