Sunday Best Retro

  For the first time, I am actually posting my Sunday best on Sunday Best and All the Rest! It's about time, eh? ;) Yesterday, I wore this retro inspired outfit to church ( though later I had to change for an ultimate Frisbee game). It was modeled after the demure, ladylike styles of the 1940's and 50's.

 
  This entire outfit was actually built around a "new-to-me" pleated wool skirt. For only $5, I bought the Forever 21 piece from a friend who was selling it. My tank top, blouse, cardigan and belt are all from second hand stores. The only thing in my ensemble that was purchased brand new is the pair of leather heels!
  At first, I was not going to include the belt in this outfit, but the colors seemed too bland. When I wear neutral colors, I often like to have a pop of color. This is when the belt often comes in handy. Here, it picked up on the red stripes in the skirt and tied the whole outfit together.
 
 
  By the way, I would like to mention that this look was partly inspired by the Boyer Family Singers' blog. The gals there have fun retro style. If you haven't read them before, check out their button on my sidebar. --->
 
 
 
 
 
  I hope to post with more of a schedule from here on out. My goal is to post once in the earlier half of the week and once in the later half. Achieving that goal is the hard part! I have a tutorial planned for the latter part of this week, so that should be an encouragement for me to get to it.
  In closing today's post, I would like to thank my mom for taking the photographs of me for my blog, and helping to proofread my posts. Without her, this blog would have more typos and odd self portraits. :)
  Until next time, have a lovely week!
 
"Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness"
~Psalm 107:8-9
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Love this! Great retro look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Sorry that I didn't read/comment yesterday- for some reason this post refused to load!
    This outfit is so cute! Perfectly put together!
    I love the Boyer Girls! :)
    Our mom does alot of proofreading for our blog too! :)
    What a perfect verse! :)

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassie! :) I'm not always on top of reading everyone's blogs myself. :P
      Yes, this verse was on our bulletin at church on Sunday and it inspired me to read the whole Psalm. :)

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely outfit Paige! It's so funny you have the same skirt as me! :)

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Yes, it's a good one!

      Delete
    2. In fact, I'm wearing it right now! ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink