A Perfect Day for Blue

  A wonderful thing has happened - it rained! Yes, while other parts of the country are snowed in, my area is rejoicing over the long absent sight of precipitation. The rain began to fall the night before last, mellowed into a general misty dampness the next day, and poured again last night and this morning.









   Perhaps the cool tones brought out by the damp air inspired me to wear cool colors of clothing yesterday. Whether or not that was the case, I tried an entirely new outfit with tops in shades of blue. The base for my outfit was one of my favorite shirts for last summer, a tee with music notes printed on it. I tucked this into my tan BCBG skirt (more on that later) and wore a chambray shirt over it. This was a combination that I had never put together before, but I like the classy yet adventurous look it has. Copper also looked charming with his turquoise leash. ;)

Chambray Shirt ~ Bought new at Kohl's; T-shirt ~ Thrifted; Skirt ~ Thrifted; Tights ~ Gift; Boots ~ Bought new at Ross; Necklace and Pendants ~ Gift





Above you can see the mushrooms that litter our front yard and the first blossoms of the trees - I believe that both are enjoying the rain!


   I would like to expound a bit on the skirt that I wore yesterday. About a year and a half ago at a Goodwill I found a simply adorable skirt priced at $10, if I remember correctly. Its waistband refuses to be starched into standing upright, but as you can see, it looks fine with a shirt covering the trouble spot. Are you wondering what is the big deal about the skirt? Well, BCBGMAXAZRIA (yes, it's a strange tittle, but I think "Max Azria" is a person's name) is a designer label with skirts that typically run from $100 - $200 - Yikes! Quality, beauty and modesty (oh, and price *cough*) matter more in garments than brand names, but you never know when you will unwittingly find haute couture in the thrift store. ;)
  In closing, I would like to share that as of today I have reached 3,000 pageviews! Thank you to all who have looked at my blog. Also, thank you to my 10 followers, a few of which have only just joined in the past couple of weeks. I hope that Sunday Best has inspired you and will continue to encourage you in time to come! :)

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
~Philippians 4:8



Comments

  1. I like this :) makes me think of an englishwoman on safari ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable! I love your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit and those brown boots! Congratulations on reaching 3,000 page views; so glad I am one of those recent followers. Love your blog and yes it's both inspiring and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comments Sarah! :)

      Delete
  4. Oooo! I love this outfit, Paige! So cute. That top you are wearing is very adorable...:)

    Ashley
    www.likenootherfashion.blogspot.com
    Like No Other Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just discovered your blog and I love it!! What a cute outfit, and the music notes shirt is AWESOME!! Where did you find it?? I see it says "thrifted" - thrift stores have good finds. :) I love the skirt a lot too. Anyway, I noticed we have a lot in common and just wanted to say hi! :D God bless you - Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Theresa! :D Yes, I found the shirt at a thrift store...though now I can't remember which one! That's where I get the majority of my clothes. Thanks for commenting, and "stop by" again some time. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink