A Winter Walk in Purple and Stripes

  Here on the West Coast, today was a fresh and sunny winter's day! It was ideal for a walk to our friends' house. Late this morning, Mom and I set off with camera in tow.










   Today I was in the mood for purple tights, so I wore them with a matching turtleneck sweater and my go-to gray and white striped skirt. Because the tights are rather thin, they needed cozy legwarmers over them. To add a bit of sparkle, I wore a necklace that I was given for my birthday. After donning my black coat and boots, I was ready to brave the elements! As it turned out, not much bravery was needed, since I ended up shedding my coat for the last part of the sunny walk. ;)

Sweater ~ ?; Skirt ~ Thrifted; Tights ~ Gift; Legwarmers ~ Gift;
Boots ~ Bought new at Village Shoes in Ashland, OR; Coat ~ Gift; Necklace ~ Gift;

   My mom was also dressed in cute garb today! Her new gold sweater is lovely, especially styled with her handmade knit hat. The sweet purse she is carrying is also one of her knitted creations. 
   
   This afternoon I read a Psalm with a passage in it that seemed to speak to me, and I wanted to share on this post. You see, today ended up being a bit of a difficult day, almost completely due to my klutziness. However, I remembered that I needed to thank God for the good things that had happened. These verses should be helpful in reminding me to keep a perspective of thankfulness on the bad days (which is not always something I'm good at! ;) ). So, goodnight and enjoy the following words!

"I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O Lord, thou knowest. I have not hid thy righteousness within  my heart; I have declared they faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindess and thy truth from the great congregation. Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: Let they lovingkindess and thy truth continually preserve me."
~Psalm 40:8-11

   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink