New-To-Me Tiered Maxi Skirt



  Good evening lovely readers! I hope that you have been having a beautiful and productive week thus far. I've been keeping busy at home, "abroad" and in the cyber world. As of late, much of my time has been spent reading camera reviews on the internet, trying to find just the right model for me. Having better quality images will be a splendid improvement for this blog. :)
  In September, my parents, best friend and I went out of town for a few days and hit several clothing shops and thrift stores. I scored a few great pieces, including the tiered maxi skirt that I'm wearing today. It was too long for my petite stature, so until this week I had only worn it to a medieval festival (see that outfit here ). The resident seamstress (aka, Mom) shortened it for me this week, so now I can wear it! Though still long, it no longer drags along the ground as I walk. Yay! Sometimes it's a good idea to consider buying an item that doesn't fit quite right if you or someone you know has the ability to make any small alterations that are needed for the garment.
  


  Wearing anything with a bohemian flavor, such as this skirt, can be a challenge. I don't exactly want to look like a hippie. Fashion advice that I have read and found to be true is that adding classic elements to the clothing  in question keeps the outfit from being too far-out. Cardigans, blazers, sleek boots and quality jewelry are all helpful in this area.
   Today I decided to wear a cropped cardigan and coordinating camisole with the "new" skirt. To jazz it up a bit, I wore my favorite mauve scarf and delicate gold cross necklace. While the effect is casual and feminine, it is still somewhat dignified. After all, I wouldn't want to look as if I'm part of a reenactment troupe when the last medieval festival was months ago. ;)

Cardigan ~ Gift; Camisole ~ Thrifted; Skirt ~ Thrifted; Scarf ~ Thrifted; Necklace ~ Gift;
Boots ~ Bought new from Village Shoes

 
  Well, I hope to be back here at the end of the week with a post about some new second-hand treasures! Until then, keep cultivating your inner character as well as your outer appearance. Here's a beautiful verse to encourage you along the way. :)


"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
They looked to Him and were radiant, 
And their faces were not ashamed." 
~Psalm 34:4-5


Comments

  1. Great tips and lovely skirt Paige! What a wonderful verse! Thank you! Cassie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome! :) It's always fun to find scriptures for my posts!

      Delete
  2. Yay! we finally get the see the skirt put to use ;D nice outfit! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink