Twisted Sides Bun Tutorial

   Hello and happy weekend to you all! I hope that you have had a splendid first few days of 2014. My week has been spent in drawing, volunteering, studying God's word, watching movies and visiting with friends. :)
   This evening, I am pleased to present my second hair tutorial! Tonight's updo is a simple bun with two twists of hair on each side of the head. Twisted hair is one of my favorite ways to add uncomplicated elegance to my hair. This style is tailor-made to my lengthy tresses, but there is no reason it shouldn't work with a shoulder-length cut. If your hair is any shorter, you may need to experiment with your own lovely variation. :)


  1. I begin by twisting a section of hair from the top of my head on one side of my part.


2. When I've twisted enough of my hair, I pin the section in place in the center of my head


3. I twist another section on the other side of my head, and pin it crisscross over the other bobby pin.
 

4. Now, I take a section of hair from the side of my head below the first twist, and pin it beneath where I pinned the first one.


5. I repeat step four on the opposite side.


6. Now, I take up the rest of my hair and pull it up into a pony tail position. I begin to twist it to the left.

 
7. Next, I coil the hair in a counterclockwise direction to make a bun.
 
 
8. After tucking in the ends, I pin the bun into place. This could be the end, but it looks rather sloppy, so...

 
9. ... I  put a cute flower clip over the pins! Now I have a sophisticated hairdo equally comfortable at home doing chores or an evening out to dinner.
 
 
   There you have it ladies! Let me know if you try this style, and how it works for you. Whatever you do, have a lovely Sunday!
 
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,
but by me." ~John 14:6

Comments

  1. cute 'do! looks medievalish ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink