- Introduce yourself! Divulge your life's vision, likes, dislikes, aspirations, or something completely random! I am a home school graduate, an artist, a fashion blogger, an introvert with a sense of humor, and most importantly, a follower of Jesus Christ. I strive to serve the Lord in my life and to encourage and help others in their walk with Him. A few of the things I like are taking walks, trying new recipes, making my friends laugh, watching movies, looking at local shops, learning about history, experimenting with photography and drinking tea. A few things I don't like are my mishaps of klutziness, failing at new recipes, gratuitous crudity, language, ect. in movies, and meeting cats that want to chase my dog.
- What, to you, forms the essence of a true heroine? A true heroine is a lady who rises above the ordinary in virtue and courage in her journey of life.
- Share (up to) four heroines of literature that you most admire and relate to. Elinor Dashwood, Jane Eyre, Elizabeth Bennet and Esther Summerson are favorite characters whom I can relate to in some way.
- Five of your favorite historical novels? Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility (okay, I like pretty much all of Jane Austen's complete novels), The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Cranford, Bleak House
- Out of those five books who is your favorite major character and why? It's sort of a toss-up between Lizzy Bennet (for her wit), Elinor Dashwood (for her sense and more subtle wit), and Sherlock Holmes (for both his oddities and brilliance).
- Out of those five books who is your favorite secondary character and why? Jane Bennet of Pride and Prejudice is probably my favorite supporting character of the above five. She is a kind, gentle and loving sister, without whom Lizzy's life would probably be much harder.
- If you were to plan out your dream vacation, where would you travel to - and what would you plan to do there? I would travel to Ireland, England and probably the rest of Britain while I was at it. ;) My itinerary would include a tour of the lovely coasts, finding castles to explore, visiting the small old-fashioned villages, and taking an expedition through London.
- What is your favorite time period and culture to read about? Though I wouldn't want to live in this time period, Medieval Europe is definitely my answer. :)
- You have been invited to perform at the local charity concert. Singing, comedy, recitation - what is your act comprised of? Judging from past performances, I would probably do a comedy routine with my best friend or sing with my Mum.
- If you were to attend a party where each guest was to portray a heroine of literature, who would you select to represent? Elinor D.
- What are your sentiments on the subject of chocolate? Dark chocolate is one of the best foods on earth.
- Favorite author(s)? Jane Austen, Elizabeth Gaskell, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (only for the Sherlock books) Rosemary Sutcliff....I suppose it really depends on which of their books we're talking about.
- Besides essentials, what would you take on a visiting voyage to a foreign land? I would take books -those would be my Bible, a style book, a novel, and a book about the place I'm visiting - my sketchbook and pencils, a journal and pen, and my laptop (just in case I go to a place with Wi-Fi ;) ).
- In which century were most of the books you read written? The majority of books I read were written in the 20th century, and those are primarily from the 1960's.
- In your opinion, the ultimate hero in literature is… This is a tough choice, but I will say my favorite unsung Austen hero, Mr. Knightley. He may not have done anything terribly exciting (such as Mr. Darcy), but he was a wise, kind and constant friend.
- Describe your ideal dwelling place. At the moment, my ideal dwelling place is a little white or yellow cottage with a front garden of roses and a trellis beside the front door.
- Sum up your fashion style in a short sentence. My fashion style is feminine, well put together, sometimes eclectic, and often vintage inspired.
- Have you ever wanted to change a character’s name? I want to change Fanny Price's name.
- In your opinion, the most dastardly villain of all literature is... I seem to be on the Jane Austen theme today, because the two people popping into mind are Mr. Willoughby and Mr. Wickham.
- Three favorite Non-fiction books? The Bible is my top choice then after that it's difficult to say, since the non-fiction I've read is a mish-mash of various things. How about the Dictionary (classic lit would be difficult without it) and Streams in the Desert, a devotional that I read and felt encouraged by last year? :)
- Your duties met for the day, how would you choose to spend a carefree summer afternoon? I would probably read in the sunshine of the backyard, take a walk, and eat some sort of baked good.
- Create a verbal sketch of your dream hat - in such a way as will best portray your true character. To be honest, I don't normally enjoy wearing hats, though I think they can be darling. However, my ideal hat would be a military style cap made of rose-colored cotton with beige stitching and three brown cotton flowers on the side. That's not very literary heroine inspired is it though? My ideal historical hat would be a little straw bonnet of the Regency era, with a modestly sized brim and a white ribbon with royal blue trim.
- Share the most significant event(s) that have marked your life in the past year. That would dealing with a health issue.
- Share the Bible passage(s) that have been most inspiring to you recently. "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." ~Psalm 55:22
Monday, February 17, 2014
Literary Heroine Blog Party
Happy Monday everyone! :) There is a Literary Heroine Blog Party being hosted over at Accordion to Kellie right now! It includes a blog link up in which you answer the below questions and a lovely giveaway which anyone may enter. Be sure to check it out if you haven't already (click on the button on my sidebar to find it...I'm not sure how to make a photo link within a post)! The party continues through the 28th.