Rainy Day Sunday Best

   Greetings ladies! How do you do this February evening? Thus far, I've had another week of being busy both in my home and "abroad". I'm getting ready to teach the first in a series of drawing classes tomorrow morning. Though I've already taught children arts and craft classes, this will be my first class focused solely on drawing. Drawing is definitely my cup of tea, and I hope my students will come to enjoy it too! :)
   The outfit that I am sharing with you today is what I wore to church yesterday - it seems fitting that I should post my Sunday best now and then. ;) You will notice that only one of the pictures in this post was taken outside. That was because  I was getting rather wet! You see, here on the coast we had a wonderfully rainy weekend. The precipitation was certainly needed, and it was a bit more exciting than the bland, overcast skies had been. There's something about rain which lends books, movies, and even real life a little (or a lot of) drama.







   Yesterday's outfit was composed of my go-to brown dress (please excuse its wrinkles), a patterned blazer, and wedge heels. I didn't actually plan on wearing pink for Valentine's week, but it seems that I chose an appropriate time to pull out this pink and tan blazer! Though it doesn't go with many things in my closest, its charming colors, vintage flair, and near-perfect fit make it one of my favorite items of clothing.
Also, I quite like my pair of beige wedge heels. When I first bought them, they were impossible to keep on my feet, but Mom had the idea of attaching ribbon to lace them up. Now I can walk in them, and no longer risk losing a shoe in the middle of the street! ;)

Dress ~ Thrifted; Blazer ~ Thrifted; Camisole ~ Thrifted; Shoes ~ Thrifted; Hair Accessory ~ Gift


  As this Friday is focused on the world's view of "love", let us remember what true love really is. God loved the world and sent His son Jesus to die for its sin. His sacrificial love is far greater than any love we've ever known or seen! Those of us who have trusted in Jesus as our savior can ask Him to help us to love others in this way. :) I hope that you have a splendid week and a happy Valentine's Day full of the Lord's true love.... and wearing something pink or red. ;)

"In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us." 
~1 John 4:11-12
 

Comments

  1. cute! did you have no problems with those shoes in the wetness?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was mainly on the grass and wood chips, so there was no slippery action going on. It still wasn't the ideal outfit for spending more than a couple minutes outside. O.o

      Delete
    2. Oh, so you didn't wear them to church then?

      Delete
    3. Oh, I did. Haha, I suppose I just forgot about that. :P

      Delete
  2. I would never follow your blog because I can't see your eyes. Even though you have a really nice sense of style, that would drive me crazy. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such a cute '60's twist Paige!

    My Mom would love those sandals! :)

    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's what I was thinking! :)
      Ooh, does your Mom like fancy summery shoes?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I will get back to you soon! I enjoy hearing from you! :) Please avoid saying anything profane, rude, or suggestive. I verify the comments to fight spam.Thanks for your consideration!

Popular posts from this blog

Historical Fashion How To ~ Middle Ages

First Day in Red

Outfit || Classic in Black & Pink